Juices Aren't Tasting Full Flavored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to vaping and I've gotten really into researching good flavors and different options for hardware. I recently ordered a couple bottles of juice from Vape Dudes and picked up another bottle of juice from a Volcano retailer. All 3 have a hint of yummy flavor but a more overpowering metal type taste. I don't know if I'm describing it right but there's a harsh taste that I haven't tasted in the first juice I had bought so I'm thinking something's wrong. I know I'm supposed to steep the ones I bought from Vape Dudes for a week or so which I'm doing now so will that fix that awful back taste? I'm just using a basic e-cig that I bought as a $20 kit with a disposable atty. Also the Volcano juice I bought from the retailer...should that be steeped too? And as far as steeping I am just removing the cap and nozzle and sitting the open bottles on a shelf in my closet. Is that all there is to it?

Sorry for all the silly questions and thank you!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It's most likely the atty. Probably burnt your wick or there's a build up of gunk on it an that's what your tasting. The longer you use an atomizer, the more the performance deteriorates. That's why many start using rba's.

Steeping usually is just allowing time for the flavor to develop in a dry cool place. I wouldn't leave the top off, that's more for wines.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Yeah..not always the juice

A chemically/bubblegummy/or licking a tire taste from a fresh bottle of juice usually means it needs to steep

But if that juice has been going good...then turns nasty...its usually the head in the tank that is burned (metal taste usually means the coils are getting too hot)

Try either washing it out or replacing the head

Also there is this
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

I have found doing a puff puff puff on it like smoking a pipe or trying to start a 1/2 lit analog works best for me but YMMV

Sounds like you are using a cigalike (e-cig stick type battery) those things on the end are carto's and when they dry out (the wicking/storage material surrounding the coil) starts running low you get that ick burnt nasty taste

You can try washing them...or replacing them...many are refillable
Silly name but it works

You also can get clearomizers to fit those e-cig sticks if they are 510 threaded types
http://www.litecigusa.net/Vision_510_Nano_Clearomizer_p/510-nano-clearomizer.htm

Since you are new...there are literally HUNDREDS of better "personal vapers" out there..the cigalikes are usually where everyone starts...head over here for a 6 part intro...trust me..it will answer ALOT of questions! (read the stickies)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread