Jumping into the Deep End!! (Noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendeng

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, VA
Hello!

My name is Vanessa and I bought my first PV just two days ago. I spent quite a bit of time reading reviews and threads on forums about what is good. I settled on getting an eVic and a Protank II. Picked up sone juice from a local shop called My Vapez and vaped my weekend away!

I finally used up the juice I dripped into my tank and decided to try a new flavor. Went to clean my PT2 and now my eVic keeps giving me a "No Atomizer Found" error...

All I did was lightlt run warm water over all the parts and dryed it with a papertowel..

Any help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Water is fine, but you'll want to make sure that you let it air-dry for quite some time. At least 2 hours. Process can be sped up by putting near a running AC or other fan. (Could be why your eVic is giving the error. If you air dry and it still happens, replace the atomizer head.)

That being said, I don't typically clean any of my atomizers or devices with tap water anymore. Tap water contains minerals, flouride, etc. This is personal preference of course. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just a bit crazy about being extra careful concerning safety/health.

A more effective, safe way to clean your Protank II. Disassemble and put into a container. Pour in just enough vodka so it covers everything. Let it soak for 6 - 48 hours. Take parts out and let air-dry as mentioned above. It's pretty effective at getting rid of strong flavors as well.

Congrats on your switch and welcome to ECF :)

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
If after drying it real good, it still doesn't work...sometimes the bottom post of the protank isn't making contact with the top of your evic when you screw it on. It could be a hair short. This sometimes happens with all types of toppers you can put on your ecig. Usually there is a little hole at the bottom of the center post on your tank that you can put the end of a paperclip under and slightly lift up a tad hair bit to get the center post out more in hopes that when you screw it on your evic, that it finally makes contact with your evic. Just try not to tug on it too much and break it. It only takes a slight nudge upwards sometimes.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
A more effective, safe way to clean your Protank II. Disassemble and put into a container. Pour in just enough vodka so it covers everything. Let it soak for 6 - 48 hours. Take parts out and let air-dry as mentioned above. It's pretty effective at getting rid of strong flavors as well.

I second the vodka suggestion. For what it's worth, though, I haven't seen a need to soak for more than about an hour. Not yet, anyway.

The other beautiful thing is that vodka evaporates really fast; an hour or two's trying time works for me. Your mileage may vary.

bendeng

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, VA
Wow, thanks everyone! It turns out I didn't screw it back on enough and it wasn't making contact to my eVic. Fixed that but I may have damaged the atomizer trying to screw/unscrew so many times because now the juice keeps flooding and the hits are pulling terrible. I'm gonna switch the atomizer with the other one that came with my PT2 and see if it works. Looks like I gotta swing by the vape shop and buy some back ups, haha!

bendeng

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, VA
Close to Herndon, eh? Welcome, fellow Virginia vaper! :thumb:

(I saw the huge pile of Evics on the My Vapez Facebook page. They said they'd go quick!)

Yea they had a huge stack of em! I actually ordered my equipment off of myvaporstore.com and I forgot to order some juice so I drove out to Herndon (which was a better decision than ordering online) and sampled some stuff. Definitely going back soon!

bendeng

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, VA
They've really been adding a lot more juice lately. I want to visit again, but I'm holding out for the Arlington store... closer to me. :)

Nice! I will definitely check it out!

Oh I figured out my leaking problem. I accidentally pulled a bit of the wick out of the atomizer when rubbing it clean with a paper towel. Switched to my backup and its vaping great again ^_^

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread