June Fit

Discussion in 'The Women's Room' started by PatriciafromCO, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Love for everyone to join me and see where we all end up by the end of the month,, It's not about size, weight,, it's about strength ability, stress release and getting that endorphin high that sets the tone for a great day.

3 days a week... with a rest day between, and two rest days before the next week...
    Start off at your level... do the portion you can do in the beginning (feel awesome for doing it) and look forward to where you can go over time through out the month..

1560418_792404954107989_254675398_n.jpg

on your rest days a nice easy walk, stretch, yoga, or jog is a nice compliment :)

2. PatriciafromCO

3. Fudgey

Fudgey Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What's the wall sit? :?:

I can't do much walking at one time right now :( I have plantar fasciitus :( So until I can get the inflammation down there will be no extended walks for me.

Can I start today? I have been mia lately :(

4. PatriciafromCO

oh Wow yes Fudgey love to have you :) "I didn't want to bore everyone with another me only posting .... " The wall sit is using a wall to lean up against in a chair sit like position... and you can control the how deeply you sit , only rule is not to use your hands as support on your legs.

My weakness is jumping jacks lol there is several ways you can approach the 3x,, do everything 3 times in one session or even twice in one day

do only what you can do and build up to more , or do 3 sessions but break them up through out the day like Morning, noon, night...

5. Fudgey

Supporting member
    Not sure I will be able to do the push ups because of my feet, can't stretch that tendon to much. But anything helps right :D I can do everything else though :D

6. PatriciafromCO

Sounds good to me Fudgey !!! maybe you can try the push ups on your knees with you feet up off the floor. switch up your hand positions as you go along for more of a challenge, wide, military, diamond... might as well make it as fun as possible lol ... (^^^)

7. PatriciafromCO

Second day better today I skipped the second and 3rd set of jumping jacks on the first day... :) and completed everything else.. so today I did two sets of the jumping jacks and skipped the last set and completed everything else.. :) "work in progress"

10345775_10152458863807863_64447634839580110_n.jpg

8. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm trying to get back in the habit of taking the dogs for a walk/jog...but i've only done it once so far. Planning on day 2 this morning.

Edit: I'm back. Right now it's just a few sit-ups followed by a mile walk/jog. Plan is to increase the percentage of jogging and slowly increase the distance :)

9. CES

Supporting member
    took the beasties for a walk/jog, that was more jogging than walking. Hope i'm getting back into a routine.

10. PatriciafromCO

Awesome start CES ! Not on PC for awhile . Still going and cheering you and Fudgey on!!!

11. Fudgey

Supporting member
    Does playing with a 5 year old count....LOL

12. CES

Supporting member
    Playing with a 5 year old counts double- little 'uns will make ya run.

Ended up walking the beasties 4 days this week. I have to work early this morning, so i'll count it as a rest day :D

13. CES

Supporting member
    I took the dogs yesterday..then i wiped the virtual dust from my iphone pedometer app, and finally got it set up, thinking it might help me hold on to motivation. So of course we have rain moving in this morning. sigh.

14. PatriciafromCO

Yes 5 year olds count 3 or 4 times more :). sigh CES sad about the rain :( marching inside in place works great for building core strength . I've used a step riser on bad weather days. Match it up with a running walking or free you tube step program

15. CES

Supporting member
    Still only going a little over a mile, but at least we went Tuesday and today. :)

16. PatriciafromCO

:) :) happy the weather cleared up. Great day

17. PatriciafromCO

may just make it today.. been trying to reach 3000 fuel points on my nike fuel band ... and today I might actually reach it @2931 right now.. just funny because I been more conscious at making it to 3000, that eventually over a couple of weeks I have gotten into the habit of finding more things to get done... Think the first week I was at 700 to 1500 points..

18. CES

Supporting member
    What is a nike fuel band and what are fuel points?

(rainy morning in Birmingham = rest day for Chris and the beasties)

19. PatriciafromCO

Nike+ FuelBand SE. Nike Store

it's a fitness tracker, I have the older model purchased it over a year ago. I liked it because it will track all your movement activity , is comfortable and forgettable to wear. Fuel points are given for activity and some fun stuff setting goals earning virtual rewards on the web site ..

20. CES

Supporting member
    That's pretty cool, Patricia. I'd heard of the "fit bit" but the Nike band looks a little easier to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.