Just a thought regarding the fight against regulation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampergene

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Slatington, PA, USA
For anyone that's had or will have the opportunity to participate in official discussions about regulation, has there ever been a mention of possibly adding a timeframe to vape/e-cig restrictions?

I bring this up out of concern for the future. It seems that the biggest tool the opposition is using to get these restrictions passed is the lack of testing. The problem is, if say 6 months after a law is made their "science" says that we were right, I think it's going to be near impossible to get these restrictions reversed. I think it would be prudent to try to at least get some sort of wording on the books that would put a time limit on any restrictions with the understanding that they will be revisited on like an annual or preferably bi-annual basis to allow for scientific discoveries to be considered.

Just my .02, as they say :)

Eivind211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Salem, OR, USA
If there is legislation put into place about regulations and more over taxation, this wording in there would be a great idea. Though I'd really just prefer if the government would stay out of my damn business. In no way am I trying to get any kind of reaction to my opinion, it's simply the way I feel.

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
For anyone that's had or will have the opportunity to participate in official discussions about regulation, has there ever been a mention of possibly adding a timeframe to vape/e-cig restrictions?

I bring this up out of concern for the future. It seems that the biggest tool the opposition is using to get these restrictions passed is the lack of testing. The problem is, if say 6 months after a law is made their "science" says that we were right, I think it's going to be near impossible to get these restrictions reversed. I think it would be prudent to try to at least get some sort of wording on the books that would put a time limit on any restrictions with the understanding that they will be revisited on like an annual or preferably bi-annual basis to allow for scientific discoveries to be considered.

Just my .02, as they say :)

A similar thought flitted through my mind recently, and it seems the term sunset is used to establish a built in end-date to a law.

That would force a review for renewal type of process, and avoid having to reverse a ban or whatever.

Has this been incorporated in model legislation packages like CASAA has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread