"Just add to nic base" flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
I've been trying (and failing) to get going on DIY. I've been bothering the hell out of the TFA group trying to get easy flavors going and I'm either too stupid or impatient.

I use Nude Nic 50/50 base and all I want is to be able to take some flavor (just one) and squirt it into the bottle and have it taste good.

While I have the UTMOST respect for those who excel at mixing flavors and coming up with amazing combinations, I just don't have the interest or time.

I was hoping someone could steer me towards a list (or offer one themselves) of flavors that stand alone when used as single flavorings in a base?

I have been chasing my tail and aquiring a ton of flavors that I really have no desire to vape just because "a little of this really mellows out that." Or "you won't taste it, but it needs to be there." Again, many have been incredibly helpful and I appreciate it greatly. I just don't think I have the make-up to successfully mix flavors that have several compounds that require specific measuring.

I've tried and failed and even though, I keep expanding my flavor locker. It's getting crazy.

Thanks gang.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Look into better flavoring then TFA. TFA is very had to get right the first time. I would suggest looking into Hangsen or inawera flavorings. Capalla also makes very good flavors that are good on there own.

I would recommend bullcity for these

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies

Also let me recommend some reading that is easier to understand then stickies or sifting through threads.

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Check out the pre-made flavors from Want2Vape, Mom and Pop's Vapor Shop, or Mt. Baker Vapor. They sell many, if not all, of their flavors as DIY flavorings. There are also some great stand alone single flavors from the flavoring companies. Cola from TFA or Pina Colada from Capella are just two that spring to mind, but there are tons of them out there to suit any palate.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
There are 3 single flavors (no steeping needed) that I am still making regularly since I first started DIY last February:
1. Rainbow Sherbet from Mount Baker Vapor mixed at 20%
2. Orange Dream Bar from Flavor West mixed at 18%
3. Wintergreen from TFA - 1-2 drops in a 2 ml tank of my base.

The Rainbow Sherbet and the Orange Dream Bar are "pre-blended/mixed" flavors. Many vendors offer these type of blended flavors as well as single flavors.
Hopefully you are testing the flavors you have at different %'s to find what % works best for your taste preference.
It may take a while to determine what your preferred flavor profile is.

I have bought more flavors that, so far, haven't made a great vape than flavors that I have loved either alone or mixed.
But this was the same problem I had buying pre-mixed juice. But there is a great savings making small samples of many DIY recipes/variations over buying bottle after bottle that just wasn't my vape choice.

Don't give up - keep on experimenting with the single flavors. There definitely are several out there that you will like - they are just waiting to be found.

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
I'm rather fond of Mount Baker Vaopor's Strawberry flavor, Grape flavor, and Hawk Sauce flavoring. This last one is more than one flavor buy MBV has thoughtfully already mixed it for you. I believe they get their flavors from Flavor West if your wanting larger quantities except for the Hawk Sauce you have to go to MBV for Hawk Sauce.

I generally mix these flavors between 10% - 12%. (taste is subjective however).

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
For mix and vape and easy vapes I always recommend Gourmet Bakers Russian tobaccos or Chinese super concentrated flavorings. These are great for beginners and those who want a fast no muss no fuss vape. Check out ecigexpress or Vaping Zone. I do not like TFA for the most part and everyone seems to start there with 50% disliking them and moving on very quickly. Its unfortunately alot of trial and error.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
One Stop DIY Shop has some nice flavors that can be stand alone. Look at their 'One Stop Flavors" and 'One Stop Blends".

I've only tried Strawberry Milk so far, but it's very good just b itself at about 15%. People also rave about the blue slushie and Arnold Palmer. Oh, and I think the Old Time Root Beer is well liked. I'm not a Root Beer fan, so I never considered that one myself.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I recently tried Vapingzone SC flavors and TFA sweetner. The combo is literally mix then vape. I need the sweetner to better bring out the flavor, but it doesn't get any easier.

So far I've tried real cig, 555, melon, cherry, French pipe, banana, strawberry. All have been very good, simple single flavor mixes. I measure the flavor and sweetner with 0.5 ml syringes.

I also bought some Hangsen flavors but haven't tried them yet so can't say -- I'd expect they are similarly simple to use

I think early success with simple recipes is essential to sticking with DIY. I tried DIY about a year or two ago with several TFA flavors but the time commitment to trial and error was more than I was willing to make. The VZ flavors are a simple way to get started and once some confidence and familiarity is gained, it has to be easier to branch out to more complex recipes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread