Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplierX

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2008
Ohio USA
www.VaprEcig.com
Sorry did not mean to get your hopes up. Something that the health organizations, that have been demonizing vaping, seem to miss, e-cigarettes have been in wide use for over two years. How long has this forum been around? Have there been any reports on here with regards to serious health concerns(apart from some minor nicotine overdoses and PG alergic reactions)?
People!! This product is safer than conventional cigarettes. The only question that remains is what are the super long term effects and are they as bad as the long term effects of smoking conventionals?
I truly believe they are not.
Kurt

SupplierX

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2008
Ohio USA
www.VaprEcig.com
Coughing, shortness of breath. A couple of heath issues that occur within the first two years of using conventionals.

BTW, there are over 3000 members in this forum. That is a large sample group. The sample groups that were pooled before the elction only numbered 1000, and those groups acurately called the election within 3-4%.

How many people suffer serious health issues from smoking analogs for two years?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Wew... I had a little anxiety there for a minute and thought... how did THIS slip by me? I am usually on the ball! Smoke smoke the e-cig... calm down.

Taley - you are so right! This forum is an excellent example of an unscientific trial and if someone could figure out a way to analyze the data, I am absolutely positive it WILL have positive results.

We cannot definitively say that the e-cig is safe.... but no-one has proven it to be otherwise. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next two years... once more of us have been exclusively e-cig for a longer period of time.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
it's only been a month for me without analogs, I feel healthier, real cigarettes can't beat that - I wont be going back

I've been a month free too... and I can honestly say I will never go back either.

Went to the doctor today... he was thrilled and wants one for a smoker family member. Asked all of the right questions... hopefully I answered them correctly... here... wrote about it on RTV What My Doc Said...

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
:D

I just think that scientists (I am one you see) will discount such data as anecdotal and useless. If we all had been monitored along the way and given thorough medicals, plus remember analogs were thought to be ok for many years. They even gave them out to soldiers in the war to provide courage.

Probably more worthwhile would be to start a research fund :(

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
:D

I just think that scientists (I am one you see) will discount such data as anecdotal and useless. If we all had been monitored along the way and given thorough medicals, plus remember analogs were thought to be ok for many years. They even gave them out to soldiers in the war to provide courage.

Probably more worthwhile would be to start a research fund :(

You are probably right (my s-n-l is one too and I think to conversations with her)... but it would be fun for sh*t's and giggles... aren't you curious? even knowing that it is anecdotal?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
We are correct. Frogbmth.

Kate, I've been e-smoking everything I could afford for 13 months. I'm fine. My health is improved. Knutselpeter has been at this over a year. Remember that e-cigarette-forum.com is only 14 months old. These things are still in their infancy.

My story means nothing to anyone except me, as you well knew. A million anecdotes are a million nothings. Only scientific studies can help us.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Froggy, please join us at Right to Vape - Right To Vape We're talking about having research carried out but we need all the informed opinion and advice we can get.

For sure, tobacco used to be 'safe' and it took years to pinpoint problems with it, we're no different.

I'd be interested in that poll Pjrltor. We only have the people who stick around on the forum and I guess there is a limit to how long people can sustain an interest here. Maybe they just drop out of the forum, maybe they go back to tobacco, maybe they quit everything or maybe they are made to disappear by the CIA ... no ... that's something else ;)

You're a pioneer TBob, your story is an inspiration even if it's not scientifically approved.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
1 year 10 days here :D (but I know what you mean... guess it's 'goal accomplished, fade away' kind of, for most of them - sadly, as for the cause of e-vaping overall)

We do have 1 1/2 and getting very near to 2 years people on our dutch forums - though also very few, same vanishing goes on there too. But of those that pop in now and then, most do seem to have left tobacco truly behind them (as long as the e-cig is around for them) - and a certain percentage did also leave e-vaping behind them, even zero (my own sister is one of those).

Last edited:

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
I am also 10 month user, smoke free. I think katink is right some of over a year have gone on to quit evaping too. Don't think i ever will, love it too much, but as a supplier I am getting more and more orders for low and zero juice so some folks are moving towards zero nicotine. BTW congrats Katink on over a year usage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread