Jul 6, 2014
Maryland
7558adeee1956bd3948e920ee78a9b2a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Nice build! When I started tigers I did them by hand too, it wasn't too bad but once I started Claptons I got a drill. Lately I've been doing Stag Fused Claptons by hand lately with the pre claptoned youde wire. It's parallel wrapped so just remove one and your 1/2 way there!

Holy crap, tigers by hand? I can't even. Although I did start by making twisted wire by hand, so I guess it isn't that much of a stretch...made a few claptons by hand too. I think I was wrapping with 30ga, so it wasn't WAY long. And the coils were pretty small...I think I still have a pic... of course I do.

2ZpBRsHl.jpg

Holy crap, tigers by hand? I can't even. Although I did start by making twisted wire by hand, so I guess it isn't that much of a stretch...made a few claptons by hand too. I think I was wrapping with 30ga, so it wasn't WAY long. And the coils were pretty small...I think I still have a pic... of course I do.

2ZpBRsHl.jpg
I found tigers easier just bc you dont need as much wrap. I had a little hand held drill chuck type thing that helped alot!
handdrill.jpg
bout like this, it was 20 yrs older but hey, it worked! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread