• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Portland, OR
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to vaping (one week), but I wanted to check into the sub here to say hi and get a feel for what type of vaping scene we've got around these parts (I'm in NE Portland). Haven't had a chance to get out to NW Vapors, but it's on my list in the coming weeks. Several folks here make it sound worth the drive. Any suggestions for juices from them?

Anyways, if a meet up is ever brought back up I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

Beardy

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Portland, OR
Welcome to Portland!

I made it out to NW Vapors, it was okay. Got some juice from them, letting it steep for a bit, so I haven't tried them yet. Super friendly and had pretty much all their flavors available for sample.

Googled Escape Vapor Lounge, and it's pretty close to me, NE 82nd and Tilamook. Gonna try to get there today or tomorrow to check it out. Hope they have a Lounge as the name implies. Anyways, thanks for saying hi, and welcome again to Portland.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to vaping (one week), but I wanted to check into the sub here to say hi and get a feel for what type of vaping scene we've got around these parts (I'm in NE Portland). Haven't had a chance to get out to NW Vapors, but it's on my list in the coming weeks. Several folks here make it sound worth the drive. Any suggestions for juices from them?

Anyways, if a meet up is ever brought back up I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

Welcome to the forum and to vaping! Regrettably the vape scene is pretty atomized in Portland. (heh) The numbers continue to grow, but I don't see many people around town with pvs, except the crappy blus at the gas station. I know a few people that got some ok looking gear at the mall kiosk in Lloyd Center, but I don't know if the prices are ok there, or what their selection is like (I don't really go to malls). I just buy from online vendors.

Hey there! I'm old to vaping and new to Portland. Maybe we could get some people to go and meet up at NW Vapors; I'd be up for it. I also heard there's a new place over in SE, Escape Vapor Lounge.

Welcome to Portlandia (where 28-year-olds come to retire)! :)
Escape Vapor sounds intriguing (I wish their website was up). Portland really needs a decent B&M, and preferably one that isn't also a head shop. ...not that there's anything wrong with head shops! It's a bit out of the way for me, but I might try to check it out next week. Lots of good restaurants out there too.

I went to the meet last night at Escape Vapor Lounge, awesome meet! It's so nice to see a B&M open in the Portland area! I live in the Gorge where we have no B&M's at all so a drive in to Portland is no big deal.

I went too! I was a bit shy though and didn't talk to anyone; I bought some juice and left. It was fun, though!

GinaS

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Hey everyone. I'm new to vaping but not new to Portland. I was glad to find this group, but sad to see it so inactive. I'm really surprised that pdx doesn't have a bigger vaping presence!! We're so often first in all the alternative things. Is everyone hanging out on a different website or something??

Anyway, I've seen the vaping crowd at my place of business grow quite a lot lately, so I'm holding out hope that we're getting there. :)

I'm going to try to get to escape vapor lounge in the next couple of days because I'm ready to step up my set up already. Fingers crossed that I walk out with the vaporizer love of my life. Or something close to it.

I'm terrible social phobic, but might be willing to go to a meet up... someday.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
If you're looking for high-end gear/juice, try contacting the ob's store: Domo Vapor Co. | Portland Vaping StoreDomo Vapor Co. No B&M yet (soon!), but he'll let you pick up your order.

I see more vapers every day around town, but they don't seem interested in the forums...

eta: ha! I missed the noob part somehow - you probably aren't ready for a Lux :) Ego twist + Evod? :)

Last edited:

GinaS

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
ha! I missed the noob part somehow - you probably aren't ready for a Lux :) Ego twist + Evod? :)

Damn. You're good. I'm currently rocking exactly what you said, + some Mt3 clearos.

However, I just ordered a vamo and assorted supplies... so we shall see. I was going to try to hit Escape Vapors in the next few days, but I've spent all my money so that's going to have to wait.

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
I went to the meet last night at Escape Vapor Lounge, awesome meet! It's so nice to see a B&M open in the Portland area! I live in the Gorge where we have no B&M's at all so a drive in to Portland is no big deal.

I'm in Vancouver, we just got a B&M (Bubba's just off 205 close to the bridge) but I hadn't heard of Escape. I'll have to check it out. Will there be another meet? If so, let me know and I'll try and make it.

Thanks!

Not a new vaper but fairly new to the forum. I have been to NW vapors and am planning to check out Escape today. I really like their Turkish Tobacco flavorMy set up is pretty bootleg right now. I am waiting on an order from fasttech right now. I need to get a drip tip today because i broke another one. I am gonna check out their juice. I would love to check oit a vape meet. I am also considering going. To zero nic jhice. Anyone have any experience with that?

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I do 0nic sometimes. Flavor is a bit clearer for me using anything under 10mg, and 12mg is the highest I've used regularly in the last year. I haven't had craving problems is well over a year, but I did notice that I was feeling a bit lethargic and I was getting somewhat depressive, so now I supplement with snus. Cut my vaping in half and I get all that WTA goodness :) I use snus like a double shot of espresso.
Everyone is different - the only way to know how you'll like 0nic it is to try it.

Rickg

Aug 17, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I like hearing your opinion on the 0 nic. I think it'll be a long time before I get down there. I started at 21mg, but the cravings didn't stop for me until I tried some 32mg juice. I'm going to try to slowly taper that down over time, and I hope the cravings don't return. I used to smoke really strong unfiltered cigarettes and the lower nic juices just weren't working for me.

I have tried no flavor juice, and I somewhat enjoyed the experience as a change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread