Just curious about that banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

balance

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, I'm just curious, but when the NT forum shuts down, does my lovely, inspiring signature banner go away?

I remember the bribe that lured me into trying the banner: get a free 15ml sample if you use the banner in your signature. Cool, I thought. I'll just scoop up an extra flavor to try. $10 discount, is what I thought.

But, then, around Smoke-Free Week 3, I wake up to find that I haven't charged any of my batteries -- and there is no vape to be had. Twitchiness ensues. The whole darn morning routine sucks. Really want a smoke or a vape or some darn form of nicotine that I can get my hands on, right now.

And so, when I pass a convenience store on the way to work, of course, I'll stop and pick up a pack of smokes to fill in with while my vape is unavailable, right?

No. No. NO. Because, gosh darn it, I have a friggin' banner that says I've not smoked in something like 21 days. Which, back in 2014, is the longest I've ever gone without tobacco since the 1980's. Honestly, the banner made me think twice, or thrice, about what I was doing -- and dammit, I *wasn't* smoking. I hardly posted back then (I hardly post now!) but by gum, I had a BANNER that said I had quit smoking. Didn't really matter if anyone saw it. I just didn't want to have to change it back to 0 days without a cigarette.

And so, I drove by the store and charged my batteries all morning, and at lunch, vaped some Virus -- and the banner stood.

The Banner Stood.

Not sure I would have made it this far without that signature banner, and sure will miss it when it goes.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, I'm just curious, but when the NT forum shuts down, does my lovely, inspiring signature banner go away?
Yes, my banner means a lot to me too ....each day I would watch it tick up another 24 hours without a cigarette ...and that after over 40 years of smoking!
I would never give in to the urge for the odd cigarette because I too didn't want to go back to 0.
No longer was I afraid of going into hospital or on a plane, into a restaurant ...or anywhere I'd be forbidden to smoke ...quite simply, I didn't smoke, and had the honest banner to say so.

Even now, I do still look at it and feel pleased by what I see.

Anyway - it's a fine reminder and memento of Nicoticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread