Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariben

Aug 1, 2016
New Hampshire
Greetings, all. Was just going down memory lane.....Ecig Lane. I use Ego. s now but can anyone remember the names of those horrid disposables that were selling in gas stations about ten years ago ? I remember buying some and just remember that I almost gave up on gaping right then and there. I do not even think we used the term vape at that time. I think one brand was called Nicotex. Luckily I went online and discovered V2 , Halo , and White Cloud. I still like all of these three.

Reactions: AngiBe

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
When I first quit cigarettes in 2010 I used a brand of cig-alike called Intellicig. I was just horrible, let me talk you through just how horrible it was.

1. Use a toothpick or paperclip to remove the little bit of sponge from the cartridge.
2. Drip no more than three drops onto it and reinsert into the cart.
3. Wipe excess juice off hands.
4. Suck like hell, get barely any vapor. Get a burning mouthful of high nicotine juice.
5. Repeat.
6. The battery also had an auto-cutoff 'feature' that would temporarily turn off the battery while you were trying to draw on it. They also only lasted a couple of hours.

Despite how truly awful this was I stuck at it for nearly ten months until I got an Ego system which wasn't a whole lot better, but definitely an improvement.
It makes me realize how utterly determined I was not to smoke. It's all about finding the gear and setup that suits you. I still stop mid vape sometimes and think about how lucky I am to have such a great vape and not be chained to inhaling filthy burning death.
Thank you baby Jesus.

8XFhfOb.png

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Agree! My first try were Blu's and that lasted maybe two days. Then discovered Halo G6 two years after that and haven't smoked since. Just hit the 3 yr mark!!

I still have my Triton's and I know one just stopped working about 5 months ago (lasted nearly 2.5 yrs) and might try the other two Triton's just to see if they work. Still vape Halo juices too. With all these new, idiotic regulations coming out, I feel so bad for anyone just now discovering vaping to quit. It's such a shame

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
My first try with ecigs was a gas station version as well - it wasn't great but I could see the potential and thus started my online search for the perfect vape! I found V4L and I was off and running - smoke free now for 7 years! Unfortunately, V4L customer service went down the tubes and I found Halo. Although I had moved up to more powerful stuff, I just didn't feel comfortable and went back down to the G6 (pretty much the same type I had started with) and I guess that is my sweet spot! I like the size and the vape is good! I started at 18mg but now down to 6mg. Don't know if I will go down to zero nic ever, but who knows? Even though the gas station version sucked - I am thankful that I could see the possibilities and followed through.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
My first try wif e-cigs was in a hellish prison camp in Cambodia. Force to play Russian Roulette wif anuther inmate to see who would get teh dreaded dry hit. Back and forth we went, each taking a drag off some cheap imported e-juice that tasted like skunk urine, mixed wif ocelot urine, mixed wif mayonnaise. The Geneva convention had no eyes here.

I was fortunate, the person across teh table got the horrid dry burn, collapsed on teh ground, crying at the horrific flavor and coughing up the months old waste left on teh coil. Then i ate pudding. I do luvs meh sum pudding.

i might also be remembering sumtin else...except for teh pudding, i know for a fact i ate pudding.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Not twn years ago, but 3 years ago, my first was a disposable Blu. I think a majority of vapers started with a Blu. However, very few continued with Blu past 2 weeks. I tried a few garbage disposables, one only lasted 2 hours! Then I got a Logic with a recharger. And I found out I can refill the cartos. After 2 weeks, bought a Halo Triton kit. Fantastic. Still works and looks almost new. And still gives great flavor with Halo juices.
Approaching 3 years!!!!

Reactions: AngiBe

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
My first try wif e-cigs was in a hellish prison camp in Cambodia. Force to play Russian Roulette wif anuther inmate to see who would get teh dreaded dry hit. Back and forth we went, each taking a drag off some cheap imported e-juice that tasted like skunk urine, mixed wif ocelot urine, mixed wif mayonnaise. The Geneva convention had no eyes here.

I was fortunate, the person across teh table got the horrid dry burn, collapsed on teh ground, crying at the horrific flavor and coughing up the months old waste left on teh coil. Then i ate pudding. I do luvs meh sum pudding.

i might also be remembering sumtin else...except for teh pudding, i know for a fact i ate pudding.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But he forgot to say he LOVED the mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread