• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just found this subforum! Needs more activity tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern-Lights

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Oregon
My mini story. My parents lost custody of me when I was 16 and I was put into foster care, then I was sent to treatment shortly after dropping out of high school. I got sober at 17 and now have 1 and a half years clean, Ive since got my GED, started back to college, and work 2 lucrative jobs. All thanks to the program.

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
Hi there. I have been looking for alcohol-related DIY hints and suggestions. I had 11 years on June 12th, and I don't wanna mess it up. LOL I see a lot of the DIY flavors are alcohol based, but I see some that don't have it, or some that I can get alcohol free that you can mix with distilled water to thin, so that's a good thing. One thing I was always mournful about after being sober was absinthe....I never had it, and was never gonna! So I got some absinthe flavor to vape, which is awesome. (I just like the anise flavor, really, so it's like anise candy....doesn't give me the urge to drink or anything). I found a flavoring concentrate, but have to figure out how to make it work for me. I do put my bottles of juice in hot-water baths in my little ultrasonic cleaner, so I'm sure that helps to get most of the alcohol out of my juices, if there is any.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi there. I have been looking for alcohol-related DIY hints and suggestions. I had 11 years on June 12th, and I don't wanna mess it up. LOL I see a lot of the DIY flavors are alcohol based, but I see some that don't have it, or some that I can get alcohol free that you can mix with distilled water to thin, so that's a good thing. One thing I was always mournful about after being sober was absinthe....I never had it, and was never gonna! So I got some absinthe flavor to vape, which is awesome. (I just like the anise flavor, really, so it's like anise candy....doesn't give me the urge to drink or anything). I found a flavoring concentrate, but have to figure out how to make it work for me. I do put my bottles of juice in hot-water baths in my little ultrasonic cleaner, so I'm sure that helps to get most of the alcohol out of my juices, if there is any.

Not sure how much Help I can be on the Flavorings.

But a Big Right on for 11 Years!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

Congrats on 11 years. That's over 4000 miracles :)

26 years here.
I don't mourn the stuff I didn't take/drink.
I had enough of what I did to beat me into a state of reasonableness.

MBV and Flavor West Absinthe are tasty @ 12.5% in 70/30 or 18% in 40/60 PG/VG.

I've been DIYing for over a year and never was concerned with alc-free flavors.
I use an UC to speed steep.
I give my juices 4-5 hours there with the caps on and 12+ hours caps off to aerate the alc out.
Juice tastes plain nasty to me unless it's aerated but good.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Best way I found to not jeopardize your sobriety is to bounce your challenges off another sober person. They can usually see thru it if you're just trying to convince yourself.
    I usually just ask myself, is it worth it?? It's easy to get over-confident about things the longer you're sober.
    ODAT...

Same here with the missing out on something thought, I got sober around when they were coming out with wine coolers and I was sad that I never got to try one.
    Reality would be more like 1 cooler followed my 10 beers and 10 shots., lol.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Reality would be more like 1 cooler followed my 10 beers and 10 shots., lol.

I hear you.

I like to tell people that it Wasn't the 18 Beers I Drank that got me in Trouble. Or the all the Bottles of Schnapps or Rum that I drank.

It was that 1st Drink of the Day. Because after that, it seems that All Bets were Off.

I would be Fine until I took the 1st Drink. But after that, everything kinda went Out the Window.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread