• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just got JB back from repair!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james21

May 22, 2009
Pensacola, FL
My JB had a broken switch after two weeks of use so I sent it back for repairs. Got a brand new one back in the mail today and its working great. Only one problem it had a little juice left in it from Carlos testing it out I assume. I took a big draw off of it and it shocked me. I have always been a zero nic guy from day one. That nicotine went straight to the head. Wow I haven't had nicotine in my body since May 09. Damn Carlos I'm not sure what mg nic you vape but I just can't handle that. Thanks again for the great innovation on your part and keep up the great work.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
Got my box back from Carlos. Sent it in because it kept shutting off plus the magnets weren't holding the lid on.

He only had it a short time, so I was happy about that.

I assumed that the switch was bad, but I am not sure. He sent it back with a note that he had fixed whatever was wrong with it. Cool!

Used it for about 2 hours - STARTED SHUTTING OFF AGAIN.

W...T...F...?

Very disappointed. Was really looking forward to using it as my main vape. Wonder if I will EVER get to use it...

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
Got my box back from Carlos. Sent it in because it kept shutting off plus the magnets weren't holding the lid on.

I assumed that the switch was bad, but I am not sure. He sent it back with a note that he had fixed whatever was wrong with it. Cool!

W...T...F...?

Very disappointed. Was really looking forward to using it as my main Vape. Wonder if I will EVER get to use it...
At least u got your's back.I sent mine back 5 weeks ago,and haven't heard a thing.:(

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Try sending it back again after sending an email. I think carlos should have shipped out all CJB orders by now, so he'll have the time to give it a little TLC.

I got mine back after two weeks, and it is vaping pretty darned good. Seems the more I use it, the better it gets.

But it is a highly complex, handmade mod. You can say you're going to use it as your main vape, but you'd better have a good backup in a desk drawer.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Okay, name one. I've got my hands on a couple, but they're either betas or proof of concepts.

And so far, the CJB's aren't for sale again, and I don't expect them to be until the production and communication issues are worked out.

Oh wait, the Mr. Puff is for sale, isn't it? Okay, other than that, name one.

Last edited:

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
I sent mine back too. I thought it was a bad atty. I got a call from Carlos this morning!!! He told me a wire was loose...the atty was fine. He is also going to fix the leaking problem. I was very happy to get a call from him. He told me that I should receive it this weekend.

I MISS MY JB. Yes, I did have to send it back, however, he is fixing it. The time without my JB made me realize how much I love it.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
But it is a highly complex, handmade mod.

clyde you're a good guy, but i get tired of hearing how carlos works his fingers to the bone and how complex it is. I agree with harpo.

it's not highly complex. atomizers aren't rocket science. his idea was great, but it's more of a ghetto mod than anything else.

i feel sorry for the ppl that got taken by such inferior goods. even those with non dud JB's have to vape them 2 months to break in the atty, which leaves 4 months of use, before it goes in the trash. that's one expensive atomizer.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
First of all, thank you for the compliment.:oops:

But the CJB (and most other 3rd gens) ARE complex mods. I have had my hands on a good number of prototypes and proofs of concepts, and there are quite a few things that can (and have) go wrong.

Its a rarity that someone can get it completely right on the first (or second or third try).

And when the heavens are aligned and its vaping right, the CJB is effin' wonderful.

3rd gens can be a total PITA, I won't deny. But they are improving in quality with new designs and improvements. And when they work, the older designs seem almost primitive.

Last edited:

iminuvaping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Massachusetts
Try sending it back again after sending an email. I think carlos should have shipped out all CJB orders by now, so he'll have the time to give it a little TLC.

I got mine back after two weeks, and it is vaping pretty darned good. Seems the more I use it, the better it gets.

But it is a highly complex, handmade mod. You can say you're going to use it as your main vape, but you'd better have a good backup in a desk drawer.
I ordered one the last time they went on sale and have not got it yet. no graphics just plain black with blue led. dont know who to contact . guess im out 90 bucks.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
I have to say that my frustration with the JB is only with that fact that I can see wonderful potential in it and have not been able to take advantage of it because it had problems.

At first I thought it was a bad switch, and I guess Carlos did too. I sent it to him and within a couple of weeks or so, it was mailed back to me with a note from Carlos stating that he had gone through it and fixed assorted problems.

Unfortunately it DID turn out to be a bad atomizer. I contacted him again and explained how I had done some of my own investigation and found it to be a bad atty. He suggested that I send it back and that he would replace the atty.

So... as frustrated as I was with the inability to use the JB, my frustration is not in any way with Carlos. He has been VERY good about addressing the issue and I look forward to using the repaired JB.

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009

W...T...F...?

Very disappointed. Was really looking forward to using it as my main Vape. Wonder if I will EVER get to use it...

Sounds like my experince. These things just plane suck IMHO dont belive the hype sure Carlos has some loyal fans but there is more negative out there then positive. I had two bad JB's and just gave up. Total waste of money.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Warning Wall of Text.
You have been warned.

officially i received my repaired and brand new atty box.
Just the other day maybe two days ago at this point (i work grave yards).
when i got it back i did not have much time to inspect it.
so when i did it worked initially with a battery and without adding juice to the bottle dripped.
then i went to remove the bottle, replace after cleaning the tubing and bottle and so forth.
then SHOCK the (+) wire from atty to switch came off.
PITA so i did further testing and it still worked just had a loose wire so i re-soldered it on not pretty but it works again and i would not send it in for such a minor issue.
i spoke again with you know who.
hopefully this issue wont happen again to me or anyone.
i think rather then hiring a guy to help with creating them or fixing them.
he needs a QC and Customer service REP.
to run them thur a pace of test to make sure wires are secure and it works for them. then when passed packaged and sent to the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread