Just got my Cisco 306 1.5's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
First thing, the flavor... wow! Even with the first few hits, beyond what this Vivi Nova provided. Now I am very new to dripping and I did some searching and you have to excuse me because I'm on my cell phone so I couldn't find the precise answers I was looking for so if you don't mind I could use a little advice. I did the priming as suggested and at first I noticed a louder gurgle and more of a tight draw. The vapor was really lacking. I searched and found that there is too much juice. So I did a few more draws and noticed a much more significant vapor. So I know there is a definite sweet spot that I will just have to learn as I vape. I haven't hit a dry hit yet, as the flavor is still very good. What would you suggest? Should I hit it until I feel a more dry hit then do a drop and kind of keep going until I hit or figure out that sweet spot? I wish I got a Pyrex tip and in fact I'm going to order one. Next will there be liquid normally coming out of the bottom of the atomizer into the battery area? Can this be avoided? Also why wasn't I warned of the crazy nicotine buzz I have right now :)?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
SmartVapes has a 510 Dripping Atomizer 1.8ohm that has a sealed center post. Normal atomizers have a hole that goes through the post in case you're using an automatic battery. But, you don't want to use an auto battery when dripping anyway, not unless you really know what you're doing and are willing to risk ruining your battery.

Once you get a feel for it, you'll know when to drip again in order to avoid dry hits. Whenever the vapor starts to thin, just add 2 or 3 more drops and keep on vaping!

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
On cisco 306 1.5s.... there is the bridged version, the bridgeless open post, and the bridgeless sealed post. So, this makes a difference as far as what you are experiencing.

I had used the open post 306es (1.8 ohms) for a long time and, still use the ones I have at times on my ego twist (at 3.7 volts), but went to the bridgefree sealed post 1.5 and 2.0 ohmers at one point, and now pretty much use the 1.5 ohm bridgeless sealed post exclusively.

I don't think there is any problem in using open post atties on manual batteries... that is all there was for a long time... but if you are doing dripping then brigdeless and sealed post, are better.

As far as burning is concerned, I use regular ego batteries (3.2-3.6 volts) and I get a bit of burning when I get down to the end of a vape and that is the point where I either stop or add more drops. I usually go with 7 drops but that is a lot more than most drippers. Like the other poster said, you really gotta try different numbers of drops and decide what is right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread