Just got my Eroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my erolls. I do find that sometimes the draw is tight, but I twist it a little, which must line up the vent, and it goes fine then. Of all my tanks, carts, etc., the eroll gives me the most reliable throat hit as well as good flavor, and I use a totally VG formula with only 6-8mgs of nicotine. Are you wetting the atomizer with a few drops of juice first? It does take a few tokes to get it going, but only 2 or 3; not a lot. I always get nice big clouds of vapor. I don't know what could be going wrong for some of you. I buy mine from Totally Wicked, and I find it to be a very reliable kit. Another kit with a charging case is the Fuze, which is kind of hard to find, but that one also provides an excellent throat hit and cloud.
My new fave is the Titan 2 from Totally Wicked. It's a small pass through with a tank instead of a cart. Excellent flavor and throat hit, and very easy draw. It's amazing!

-Redd-

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
A Brit in the Land of Clogs
I am definitely not covering the air hole, I make sure of that. If I cover the airflow at all I can't take a drag without removing my finger from the air hole.

I do have that problem where a have to take a pretty hard drag to even activate the thing. I guess I am just so used to my aerotanks adjustable airflow that the airflow on the eroll just feels really tight.

I guess my eroll will get thrown in the pile with all of my other cig-a-likes that are collecting dust. I was really hoping that wasn't going to happen but oh well, we learn from our mistakes I guess....

I've had the e-roll since I started vaping some (near) 7 months ago and haven't had any problems with it.

The only thing I can suggest is that you don't drag too hard on it - use more of a slow and tempered pull (maybe count to 5), if you try to drag too hard it doesn't work.

Good luck and I hope you solve the problems you're having with it. :)

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Another kit with a charging case is the Fuze, which is kind of hard to find, but that one also provides an excellent throat hit and cloud.

FYI, I just did a quick internet search for the Fuze and it's a KR808 with a slider PCC. Those are actually pretty common, so if you're disappointed that it's too hard to find, you can find the same kind of charging case at lots of bigger branded places like Halo, Smokeless Image, Bloog, V2, etc. :)

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
JMHO but I would be sure to tell them that other forms of vaping are better. Not because of the Eroll but because those batteries are most likely defective. I'm pretty sure of that reading about the activation problems you're having. Edit: I've never had the problem you're having with one of my batteries nor have I ever gotten juice in one but I suppose, if juice did get into the activation switch, that could be the problem

Edit: The prospect of a new vaper being turned off by a bad introduction to vaping made me play around with my batteries trying to figure out what might be wrong. Lo and behold, I drew really, really, hard on the Eroll and got barely any vapor or throat hit and the auto switch did turn off. I tried it again on another one several times just to make sure... it happened again repeatedly. So, the answer is, if you draw too hard on it the problem you describe happens. When I draw on it like I normally would, which is very lightly by comparison, it works fine.... lots of vapor and, therefore, plenty of throat hit. So, in my opinion, its the too hard of draw that creates the problem and explains why I just couldn't get that anyone thought the draw was hard or tight. Its not designed to be and when used what I call "normally" it isn't.

Don't misunderstand. If its not for you, its just not and I don't care wishing you luck with whatever you do like. But it was a challenging mystery to me.... something I just never heard from anyone else even among those who don't like it for other reasons. For me, the "problem" is solved and I'm now satisfied. lol

I highly doubt that both of my batteries are defective. I say this because there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with the batteries and I have had defective batteries from other companies and it is easy to tell when something is just not as it should be. The issues I am having seem to just be with the overall design of the batteries.

I know what you mean by a "normal" draw because I can take a normal draw on any other cig-a-like but the eroll requires a pretty hard primer puff to get it going and you have to maintain constant negative pressure on the battery to keep it activated. With most other cig-a-likes I have tried it takes very little effort to get the battery going and the is like a 1/2 second delay after you stop taking the draw for the battery to deactivate. This means that you can slightly loosen up your draw without the battery instantly deactivating, and thus needing to reactivate with a slightly harder than "normal" primer puff.

I am still curious as to whether or not you use mods or if you strictly use ego batteries with plastic tanks and cig-a-likes. It would just clarify whether or not we are used to the same devices or not.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I love my erolls. I do find that sometimes the draw is tight, but I twist it a little, which must line up the vent, and it goes fine then. Of all my tanks, carts, etc., the eroll gives me the most reliable throat hit as well as good flavor, and I use a totally VG formula with only 6-8mgs of nicotine. Are you wetting the atomizer with a few drops of juice first? It does take a few tokes to get it going, but only 2 or 3; not a lot. I always get nice big clouds of vapor. I don't know what could be going wrong for some of you. I buy mine from Totally Wicked, and I find it to be a very reliable kit. Another kit with a charging case is the Fuze, which is kind of hard to find, but that one also provides an excellent throat hit and cloud.
My new fave is the Titan 2 from Totally Wicked. It's a small pass through with a tank instead of a cart. Excellent flavor and throat hit, and very easy draw. It's amazing!

I would probably be satisfied with it too if I wasn't used to my mods. They are just so much more satisfying, but this is like comparing apples with oranges. They are just completely different and cig-a-likes just aren't for me anymore I guess...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
In answer: I've got and used pretty much everything except RBA and RDA going all the way back to 510 cigalike and cartomizers. It really isn't about the general device but, for me, its the volts, ohms and air-flow system that make the difference. For instance the air flow in the EVOD clearo is just too airy for me... talk about a light draw. "Ego" is just a type of threading which can be, and most likely is, on a "mod." The battery has nothing whatever to do with air flow and 3.7 volts is 3.7 volts no matter what battery its coming from. That does not influence "draw." Kick up the volts to 5 and, yes, you may need less overall draw time but it has no bearing on the degree of the pull. The air system is the only thing affecting draw. The air system of the Eroll is the same one as the Joye CC which I also like and use on various batteries including mods.

Last edited:

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
In answer: I've got and used pretty much everything except RBA and RDA going all the way back to 510 cigalike and cartomizers. It really isn't about the general device but, for me, its the volts, ohms and air-flow system that make the difference. For instance the air flow in the EVOD clearo is just too airy for me... talk about a light draw. "Ego" is just a type of threading which can be, and most likely is, on a "mod." The battery has nothing whatever to do with air flow and 3.7 volts is 3.7 volts no matter what battery its coming from. That does not influence "draw." Kick up the volts to 5 and, yes, you may need less overall draw time but it has no bearing on the degree of the pull. The air system is the only thing affecting draw. The air system of the Eroll is the same one as the Joye CC which I also like and use on various batteries including mods.

I am not sure if you are saying that the draw on the eroll is not effected by the battery? Because if you are that is not true; the air holes are only on the battery. If you are referring to and ego battery or mod, then yes, only the tank you are using will determine the airflow.

Anyways, I was just curious as to whether or not you strictly used cig-a-likes because I know anyone who isn't familiar with more powerful devices wouldn't understand why I would not be satisfied with the eroll. Thanks for clarifying, I guess I just had my hopes to high.

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
If you don't like it, you don't like it, I guess! There's not much that can be done to modify it, but re-wicking with mesh works pretty well.

I used mine yesterday almost exclusively, and it kept me happy. I find the draw fine, but I'm not trying to blow clouds, just staying quit. The flavour is pretty good compared to other things. My selection includes... mini protanks, ego 3.4V batts, Temon Hybrid, MVP2, VTR, iClear30s, Davide King, various drippers. I haven't tried any other cig-a-likes.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I would probably be satisfied with it too if I wasn't used to my mods. They are just so much more satisfying, but this is like comparing apples with oranges. They are just completely different and cig-a-likes just aren't for me anymore I guess...

I promise you that I genuinely do not mean this in a harsh way at ALL, and I'm only trying to be helpful. But I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

Saying that large mods are much more satisfying than something like an eRoll (or anything else for that matter) is 100% opinion. There are hundreds of vapers that have big 18650 mods, RBAs, piles of Twists, etc. and still love their little eRoll.

Additionally, implying that you've "out-grown" cigalikes could very well just be a phase. And trust me, I only say that because I said the same thing. I grew to think they were pathetic, and over the last few years I spent money on a dozen other mods, batteries, and tanks. But fast forward to today, and I went back and re-purchased multiple 808's, cartomizers (yup), and an eRoll to use inconspicuously out of the house, or when my brain is just itching to hold a small auto device the size of an analog.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or defend the eRoll like I invented it or something. If you don't like it, just throw in the towel and put it in the For Sale forum on ECF. There was an eRoll kit for sale on there tonight that sold in literally 40 minutes.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Now that my suburban town has sadly joined the ranks of those with a slam-dunk e-cig ban, stealth vaping has become a full time necessity. In my opinion, nothing beats the eRoll for stealth and good performance, with 100% PG juice (almost no visible vapor) and the black finish. Cops here can now issue the same $250 ticket that applies to smoking in a "non-designated" area, and are always on the lookout for anything that "looks like smoke". I've been approached twice now, truthfully denied "smoking", and passed the "sniff test" ...

The PCC in the Joytech case looks enough like a cell phone to avoid any scrutiny ...

At work, I've "converted" a couple of our security guys to the eRoll. They used to hide behind the dumpsters to smoke (their boss is a rabid prohibitionist), now they stealth vape while on patrol ... :D

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I promise you that I genuinely do not mean this in a harsh way at ALL, and I'm only trying to be helpful. But I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

Saying that large mods are much more satisfying than something like an eRoll (or anything else for that matter) is 100% opinion. There are hundreds of vapers that have big 18650 mods, RBAs, piles of Twists, etc. and still love their little eRoll.

Additionally, implying that you've "out-grown" cigalikes could very well just be a phase. And trust me, I only say that because I said the same thing. I grew to think they were pathetic, and over the last few years I spent money on a dozen other mods, batteries, and tanks. But fast forward to today, and I went back and re-purchased multiple 808's, cartomizers (yup), and an eRoll to use inconspicuously out of the house, or when my brain is just itching to hold a small auto device the size of an analog.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or defend the eRoll like I invented it or something. If you don't like it, just throw in the towel and put it in the For Sale forum on ECF. There was an eRoll kit for sale on there tonight that sold in literally 40 minutes.

Well I would totally agree, but I don't understand what I said to make you say that. I just said "I guess it isn't for me" and "my mods are much more satisfying" but I definitely didn't mean that cig a likes aren't good for anyone else. I actually said in one of my posts that it has it's place and would satisfy many others and also that comparing it to a mod is comparing oranges with apples. And yes, saying my mods are more satisfying is of course just my opinion but I don't really see why that needs to be said since I didn't say no one else could think otherwise.

I won't be selling the eroll, I will hold onto it to try it from time to time when I feel like messing around with it or I will give it to someone as an entry to vaping.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Now that my suburban town has sadly joined the ranks of those with a slam-dunk e-cig ban, stealth vaping has become a full time necessity. In my opinion, nothing beats the eRoll for stealth and good performance, with 100% PG juice (almost no visible vapor) and the black finish. Cops here can now issue the same $250 ticket that applies to smoking in a "non-designated" area, and are always on the lookout for anything that "looks like smoke". I've been approached twice now, truthfully denied "smoking", and passed the "sniff test" ...

The PCC in the Joytech case looks enough like a cell phone to avoid any scrutiny ...

At work, I've "converted" a couple of our security guys to the eRoll. They used to hide behind the dumpsters to smoke (their boss is a rabid prohibitionist), now they stealth vape while on patrol ... :D

That's great, I'm happy you like it and sorry to hear about your situation. I'm just waiting for some kind of ban while smoking and driving in my area. I've recently just gotten over the whole cig a like form and started just using my spinner in public and just kind of Palm it. I couldn't imagine being in your situation and getting a ticket for "looking like" smoking. Sorry to hear that man....hopefully your local authority's will come to their senses (don't hold your breath...)

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Well I would totally agree, but I don't understand what I said to make you say that. I just said "I guess it isn't for me" and "my mods are much more satisfying" but I definitely didn't mean that cig a likes aren't good for anyone else. I actually said in one of my posts that it has it's place and would satisfy many others and also that comparing it to a mod is comparing oranges with apples. And yes, saying my mods are more satisfying is of course just my opinion but I don't really see why that needs to be said since I didn't say no one else could think otherwise.

I won't be selling the eroll, I will hold onto it to try it from time to time when I feel like messing around with it or I will give it to someone as an entry to vaping.

100% agree with this. I'm sorry, I guess I just got bit by the "I want to debate on the internet like a jerk" bug. It doesn't happen to me often, and I over-reacted. Good to hear you're going to keep your eRoll and maybe try it again. I was stubborn and got rid of the first eRoll I bought in a matter of days, and it took me a year to try another one, so so you're doing better than me. I think it's a great vape now though.

But when it comes down to it, I shouldn't give a sh-- what anyone else vapes, so I don't know why I argued in the first place. Sorry again and vape on, man!

If it's any consolation, I think I'm going to buy a Kayfun and learn how to rebuild it, in the never-ending hunt for more satisfaction. So we totally have something in common.

Last edited:

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
I'm sorry you had so much trouble. I think the rest of us are a bit confused, because from what I've found... none of the erolls really have a hard draw.

If you were coming from using a z-atty, I could see it. Otherwise, what you're describing seriously is out of character. Wish you were in the area or, where someone else was who was familiar with them was. Then they could test it and see if it was the product, or whatnot. Not trying to say you don't know what you're talking about. But, I barely draw in and my battery activates. (As in, I can have my lips loose, draw air in and it activates and gives vapor)

So, please realize I'm not trying to be harsh, or trying to defend, or be critical... just ... I believe this is where the other users here are going, "hard draw" doesn't seem 'appropriate' with what we're familiar with from the eroll.

However, you're right, it's all subjective and it may not be your thing. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Wish I could offer some suggestions, but I don't have any. Mmm, well, maybe trying a different juice to see if it might work better? Different vg/pg mixture? I know you've got 80pg going, perhaps it's oddly hampering things? (Though, I think that would be weird since it's less viscous (runnier, is that a word?) than vg. I just know most of what I've seen used is 50/50 to even 80vg/20pg.)

I've even taken a toke without the plastic tank (Careful, the metal can get hot from the cone) ... and know some people drip into their attys and like them with hollowed out tips. I'd almost suggest trying that, see if there's the same issues? Not sure what it would solve. I think we'd all just like to see you have similar experience, even if it still wasn't for you...

I know there is a shop in Oceanside where I was able to try the G6. I really liked it, but, ultimately I wanted something even smaller and more stealth like. I'll eventually pick up a G6 too, simply cause I do prefer lighter than my provari. (But, sometimes want a tank option that I don't get with my eroll. Bleh, magic wand, give me all these in one ;))

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I'm sorry you had so much trouble. I think the rest of us are a bit confused, because from what I've found... none of the erolls really have a hard draw.

If you were coming from using a z-atty, I could see it. Otherwise, what you're describing seriously is out of character. Wish you were in the area or, where someone else was who was familiar with them was. Then they could test it and see if it was the product, or whatnot. Not trying to say you don't know what you're talking about. But, I barely draw in and my battery activates. (As in, I can have my lips loose, draw air in and it activates and gives vapor)

So, please realize I'm not trying to be harsh, or trying to defend, or be critical... just ... I believe this is where the other users here are going, "hard draw" doesn't seem 'appropriate' with what we're familiar with from the eroll.

However, you're right, it's all subjective and it may not be your thing. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Wish I could offer some suggestions, but I don't have any. Mmm, well, maybe trying a different juice to see if it might work better? Different vg/pg mixture? I know you've got 80pg going, perhaps it's oddly hampering things? (Though, I think that would be weird since it's less viscous (runnier, is that a word?) than vg. I just know most of what I've seen used is 50/50 to even 80vg/20pg.)

I've even taken a toke without the plastic tank (Careful, the metal can get hot from the cone) ... and know some people drip into their attys and like them with hollowed out tips. I'd almost suggest trying that, see if there's the same issues? Not sure what it would solve. I think we'd all just like to see you have similar experience, even if it still wasn't for you...

I know there is a shop in Oceanside where I was able to try the G6. I really liked it, but, ultimately I wanted something even smaller and more stealth like. I'll eventually pick up a G6 too, simply cause I do prefer lighter than my provari. (But, sometimes want a tank option that I don't get with my eroll. Bleh, magic wand, give me all these in one ;))

Best of luck to you.

Wow, that is a really good idea. I never thought of modifying the eroll to make it a dripper; I just may have to give that a go. I have also tried high VG juice in the eroll and all that did was give less of a throat hit.

I feel that I shouldn't have said that the eroll has a tight draw because that is not totally an end-all description of what I am going for. I think I should have just said I do not like the draw, because it isn't necessarily a tight draw, but the whole experience while drawing required a harder than 'normal' draw, but at the same time that isn't true but it is the best way to describe the issue. My head is spinning from trying to describe it.....

Anyways, the point is I had my expectations too high and/or I am doing something wrong. I did find a way to loosen the draw a bit but still not my cup of tea. The strange this is I LOVE a tight draw (for example, the draw on the Octopus RDA I really like, if you ever used that you know what I mean) and yet I don't like the 'tight' draw on the eroll. Maybe I am just not used to automatic style switches anymore and just need to get used to it, but at the same time I feel that I am really experienced with auto draw batteries so it is not like I don't know how to draw on them. I used them for years....

Thanks for the tip though, time to get to modding!!!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

Best of luck to you.

I got the G6 a few weeks ago when I ordered a bunch of Halo juice. I also got the pass-thru battery and the mini-tanks, the pass-thru is great when working at the computer, runs off the USB port, But the G6 seemed like the eCab to me, too much air in the vape. I'm spolied by the Elips, which is a solid warm vape when the tank is full and the battery topped off ...

I'm a sucker for any PV smaller than a fountain pen, gotta try anything new ... :oops:

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I got the G6 a few weeks ago when I ordered a bunch of Halo juice. I also got the pass-thru battery and the mini-tanks, the pass-thru is great when working at the computer, runs off the USB port, But the G6 seemed like the eCab to me, too much air in the vape. I'm spolied by the Elips, which is a solid warm vape when the tank is full and the battery topped off ...

I'm a sucker for any PV smaller than a fountain pen, gotta try anything new ... :oops:

Did you get the manual G6 Battery? If I remember correctly, the automatic battery has much more air flowing through than the manual, but it could be the other way around.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Did you get the manual G6 Battery? If I remember correctly, the automatic battery has much more air flowing through than the manual, but it could be the other way around.

I got two manual batteries and one pass-thru, also manual ...

The pass-thru has the cable permanently attached, so its only good if you're near a charger or a USB port. Curiously, it wouldn't fire on any of my (cheap) eGo chargers, but does on the USB port on my laptop ...

Haven't tried the automatic battery, the vendor I used didn't have them. Might have to look for them, always curious to try something new ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread