Just got my first Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
I finally broke down and purchased a low profile reo grand and a reomizer 9.0

Now time to figure out a coil build for it...
3ffdc0d32f8fb0286892c297c1e068f0.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wahooooooo!!!! Welcome to the loony bin family!!! Great lookin set up! Have you built coils before. Kinda sounds like it, but wasn't sure. If you have any issues, you'll get tons of help here!!! Welcome to the best vape ya ever had. Be sure to get on the Reo roll call.
Reo Roll Call

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I somehow responded to the alert e-mail that i got for the forum but it didn't seem to post here.

I am using RM2s and Magmas. For the RM2s, I use 26 gauge at 7 wraps for 1 ohm. At 3.7 volts it comes to 13 watts. The Magmas, so far I have been trying to get to 1 ohm, but each coil is like 15 wraps and it takes awhile to heat up. I will probably go down to a single coil on them. I have vaped the same flavor on both single and dual coil and the difference is minimal. I think wicking plays a more significant role.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Welcome aboard, as we say around here....Have you picked out your second Reo yet??? :) I have that same atty & I usually run dual coils 26awg at 5 wraps for .41 ohms. You've got plenty of air in the RM-9, my build is technically sub ohm but it's not hot & plenty safe on my Reo's with excellent battery life. I usually run my coils about even with the top of the posts so they are about mid height in the chamber.

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Unfortunately for some reason I can't get this reo to fire. I have tried 4 different fully charged vtc4's in it the first build was a 26g dual coil coming out to .8 ohms, then I thought it could be the atty, even though it would fire on all my other regulated mods. Second build was a 26g single could coming out to 1.3 ohms and the same results... I need help because I desperately want to vape this thing. It's killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
Do you have a ohm meter? Check if reo is sending current to atty ( remove your atty and check) my guess is your adjustable 510 has to come up…turn it clockwise with allen wrench that Rob sent ya. Not a lot . Try 1/4 turn till she fires that puppy.

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Welcome to the 'Ville, DB :toast:

I find that atty likes to be driven a little harder than, say, a RM2. Dual 26g netting around .4ohms is a nice build for it. I like the coils up close-ish to the air holes and cheated in towards the posts. The atty gets very decent air, so you don't need to worry about overbuilding for it.

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Welcome aboard, as we say around here....Have you picked out your second Reo yet??? :) I have that same atty & I usually run dual coils 26awg at 5 wraps for .41 ohms. You've got plenty of air in the RM-9, my build is technically sub ohm but it's not hot & plenty safe on my Reo's with excellent battery life. I usually run my coils about even with the top of the posts so they are about mid height in the chamber.
I just built this exactly and I've gotta say. It's amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread