Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
Ok I just got my Joye 510 in the mail today. Few questions

Idk if im doing something wrong

I took it out, filled up the cartage a little, blew into the ato, liquid came out, then put 2 drops of my eliquid onto the coil, inserted carto on, and tried. 2 hits, (bored me hopefully it will grow on me) and then it started to have a burnt tase. am I not putting enough in the cartage? how much should I put in?

also is it suppose to make a sound?

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
It should make a bit of a sizzly sound, particularly with a new atomizer. From what you said, you did everything right, so I'd assume you didn't put enough liquid in the cartridge. You want the filler in the cartridge to be well saturated, but not to the point that liquid is pooling on it. At the first sign of a burnt taste (or as the vapor/flavor reduces), add more drops to the cartridge. It takes a little getting used to, but before long, you'll get a feel for it.

A burnt taste can sometimes linger once it's happened. Best bet is to add 2 drops to the atomizer directly to try to overpower the slight burnt taste (which is the result of a dry atomizer). Also make sure the cartridge is full enough. If the atomizer ever gets extra hot and really gurgly, but you're getting little to no vapor, it usually means it's flooded (too much liquid down in the atomizer). To correct that, take the atty off and blow through it into a napkin or something to get the excess out. Then re-assembled, put the cart back on and it should work okay.

The 510 is a great ecig. I bought an eRoll last year and love it, but I still also use the Joye 510 regularly. Hope you enjoy it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread