Just got some 7.2% over my hands :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman5

Mar 17, 2014
UK
Bloody thing arrived with the seal broken...... - I had several bottles arrive at once, so i was enjoying examining them. Then i got one bottle out and it was drenched.. feel a bit ill after getting it all over my hands -> i washed them pretty quick..
I feel a bit panicky, 72mg per ml is scary stuff to spill / get on yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
IMO the panic is worse than the affects when it comes to getting even up to 100mg/ml on you. The one time I got 100mg/ml on my hands I just calmly walked to the sink and washed with soap and water. No ill affects at all.

When you stop and think about it it takes a bit of time for medicinal patches or stop smoking aides to start absorbing into your skin. It doesn't happen the instant you apply it. It is the same concept as getting nic on your hands/body. Just wash it off and all should be fine.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
IMO the panic is worse than the affects when it comes to getting even up to 100mg/ml on you. The one time I got 100mg/ml on my hands I just calmly walked to the sink and washed with soap and water. No ill affects at all.

When you stop and think about it it takes a bit of time for medicinal patches or stop smoking aides to start absorbing into your skin. It doesn't happen the instant you apply it. It is the same concept as getting nic on your hands/body. Just wash it off and all should be fine.
Yep nothing to get excited over just wash your hands right away and stay calm :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've spilled a little 100mg/ml nic on my hands once or twice. It's the reason I do my DIY mixes in the kitchen next to the sink. Water is there for bottle washing and in case I get a little 100mg nic on my hands.

Wear a surgical glove at least on the hand that touches the nic bottle and the dropper or pipette. Harbor Freight or building supply stores have them in boxes of 100. Cover the work surface with a drop cloth or paper towels. Wipe the counter down vigorously with wet paper towels and dry it after using nic base to mix juice.

If you washed it off immediately it's likely that what you are experiencing is the adrenaline rush of danger, not the effects of the nic on your hands. As Mattiem said, you just wash it off quickly and continue on. DIY level nic takes a while to absorb into the blood stream.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
In my opinion and remember this is only an opinion if you are going to get so concerned or panic when you get some of the product on your hands you really should not be using it to start with. Work with 48MG is one suggestion or did you think about maybe you should be wearing gloves to start out with? Now I am not trying to be condescending just being realistic. Proper precaution is a good preventative measure.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Two 250ml glass bottles of 100mg nic in my very first order were shattered upon arrival to my house. The liquid had soaked completely through the USPS box, and quite a bit got on me as I opened and extracted the contents. I'm sure some of the postal service workers had to have touched it as well.

I washed my skin off pretty well, and nothing happened. And I didn't hear anything from the post office.

I don't mean to minimize the risks as it's always better to be safe than sorry, but I sometimes wonder if our fear of touching the stuff has been overblown by the scare tactics of tobacco Control and their lackeys.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Two 250ml glass bottles of 100mg nic in my very first order were shattered upon arrival to my house. The liquid had soaked completely through the USPS box, and quite a bit got on me as I opened and extracted the contents. I'm sure some of the postal service workers had to have touched it as well.

I washed my skin off pretty well, and nothing happened. And I didn't hear anything from the post office.

I don't mean to minimize the risks as it's always better to be safe than sorry, but I sometimes wonder if our fear of touching the stuff has been overblown by the scare tactics of Tobacco Control and their lackeys.

I'm surprised that they shipped 100mg nic in glass. At least they should have been wrapped in heavy corrugated sleeves.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I'm surprised that they shipped 100mg nic in glass. At least they should have been wrapped in heavy corrugated sleeves.
It was the Armor v2 from Nude Nicotine. I ordered 4 250ml bottles, 2 of them were shattered to tiny pieces. All were heavily wrapped in bubble wrap and completely covered in USPS plastic envelopes. Not that that did anything to keep it contained after the bottles shattered. I'm not sure how they broke given how well they were packaged - the only thing that is certain is that USPS didn't pay attention to the FRAGILE notice on the box.

That said, NN didn't question me at all and replaced the two bottles at no charge. Every shipment of the same order arrived after that with no problems. This was during the post-deeming stock up days...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'd make sure that the vendor sees the photographic result of their packing job. Unless it got run over by a fork lift it should have been able to take a drop or a tumble without shattering the bottles. USPS may have done basketball tosses to each other over a concrete floor ... who knows?

I'm curious, was the box flattened by a run over or was it still intact?

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'd make sure that the vendor sees the photographic result of their packing job. Unless it got run over by a fork lift it should have been able to take a drop or a tumble without shattering the bottles. USPS may have done basketball tosses to each other over a concrete floor ... who knows?

Yeah, unless the box was _really_ mishandled it's not acceptable to have it break and leak. I'm sometimes a bit cavalier when it comes to handling nicotine, but I know what I'm handling, etc. A postal carrier doesn't, and shouldn't have to be exposed to it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm sometimes a bit cavalier when it comes to handling nicotine, but I know what I'm handling, etc. A postal carrier doesn't, and shouldn't have to be exposed to it.

Which is why the USPS won't accept 100mg/mL shipments of it any more. Most vendors clearly state on their websites that it will be sent by FedEx or UPS now. Although...the last 2L of 100mg/mL I received just 2 weeks ago...came by USPS Priority Mail. So that vendor must have not told the truth about what was in the box...or it wouldn't have been accepted for shipment.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Which is why the USPS won't accept 100mg/mL shipments of it any more. Most vendors clearly state on their websites that it will be sent by FedEx or UPS now. Although...the last 2L of 100mg/mL I received just 2 weeks ago...came by USPS Priority Mail. So that vendor must have not told the truth about what was in the box...or it wouldn't have been accepted for shipment.

Yep, I got a (glass) bottle of 100mg in the mail yesterday. It was a pretty small sample, and was very cautiously packed. I have some other nic on the way from another vendor (I want to try the two side-by-side to compare) that I ordered the same day. It's being shipped UPS ground, and is estimated to arrive on Tuesday. I'm not surprised that some vendors are still shipping USPS, as quick shipping matters to a lot of people, and UPS ground can be pretty slow.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA

It's been a year since this happened, but my memory is that the box didn't look too bad...aside from the liquid nicotine oozing out of a part of it. I took pics, but would have to go dig them up - they've been archived.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's been a year since this happened, but my memory is that the box didn't look too bad...aside from the liquid nicotine oozing out of a part of it. I took pics, but would have to go dig them up - they've been archived.

I was just thinking about their choice of bottles for shipping nic. I know that a full bottle is more likely to break than an empty one just because the physics are different in the shock wave pattern, but I've dropped an 8oz and a 2oz Boston Round in the porcelain sink in our kitchen with nary a chip, much less a shatter. They were lighter and able to bounce. That's happened twice over time when I had wet hands.

They must be using cheaper glass bottles and probably need to know that two of yours broke inside bubble wrap in a cardboard box that wasn't smashed. Maybe saving a few pennies on bottles isn't good for their reputation with shippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread