Status
Not open for further replies.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
it is a bugger to work with, not only cuz of the shape, but cuz it's so springy. i have been using it very successfully in drippers and/or bottom-feds on the reo. i stretch just enough of a *fuzz ball* to pull thru the coil (where it slides effortlessly) and then *puddle* the remaining around and under the coil.

oh, and i am not a sub-ohmer, so as always YMMV. ;)

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Got some Seacell from a friend.:) Looks a lot like the ramie. Put some in a Taifun GT double 1.10 coil at 17 watts it is vaping great. Very clean flavor. Really liking it. Will do some tests to see how it compares at wicking, but just from the use I can see it is very good. Now to see if it will last with the heat. I don't know where she bought this seaweed fiber but it is right up there with hemp and ramie on flavor and vapor production.:)

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
A quick lookup for Seacell turned up this:

The idea behind SeaCell® is really rather simple: a cellulose-based fiber is manufactured using the so-called Lyocell process. This Lyocell fiber then serves as the “functioning substrate” for the seaweed.

Seaweed is added as the active substance for a very good reason. The fact that this marine plant is rich in trace elements has been well known since the times of Chinese medicine, and seaweed has also been proved to protect the skin and have anti-inflammatory properties. It is seaweed which forms the basis of the SeaCell® fiber.

That'd make for a hell of a medicated wick :)

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Got some Seacell from a friend.:) Looks a lot like the ramie. Put some in a Taifun GT double 1.10 coil at 17 watts it is vaping great. Very clean flavor. Really liking it. Will do some tests to see how it compares at wicking, but just from the use I can see it is very good. Now to see if it will last with the heat. I don't know where she bought this seaweed fiber but it is right up there with hemp and ramie on flavor and vapor production.:)

so glad you like it! i have been using the seacell exclusively and i like it much better than all the other wicking materials i have used. it's been extremely tolerant and long-lasting for my NON sub-ohm coils.

it came from here:
Paradise Fibers Seacell Top Spinning Fiber Paradise Fibers
use the code JULYSHIP for free shipping (saves ya $5.00)

also twistedbuild.com has PREP'D seacell on the site for those that don't care to deal with the prep process.
use the code REF for 10% off.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
In other words, it's just rayon - with a small % of seaweed - or did I get it wrong?

this is from the paradisefibers site:

This wonderfully silky fiber is perfect on it's own or used for blending with other fibers. SeaCell is about 4" long and very strong. Here's a little bit of information on this wonderful fiber. SeaCell pure is a cellulose fiber containing seaweed (e.g. ascophyllum nodosum). The idea behind SeaCell is actually quite simple: The natural raw materials cellulose and seaweed represent the basis for the manufacture of the SeaCell fiber, employing the "Lyocell Process". The cellulose fibers act as functional substrate for the seaweed. Breathable Soft Supports skin blood flow Stimulates skin cell regeneration Pleasant touch, comfortable feel

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

i knew it! ;)

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
hmm, JULYSHIP code didn't apply, so guess no new fiber for dice. :lol:

sorry about that. try SHIP728. when they offer the free shipping code (which seems often, but it changes often also) it is generally on their scrolling ad on the home page. i just looked and the SHIP728 is what is says today.

Coupons.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread