just ordered the Reuleaux RX 300w mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hows the TC on the Rx300? Does the manual tcr adjustment work well for wires such as Nife52, SS430, SS316L?
I don't use or need TC, but the 300 does have those options...I run straight wattage (power) mode at wattages above 125w.
I got this mod because with 4 batteries I can vape for days on a single charge..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I don't use or need TC, but the 300 does have those options...I run straight wattage (power) mode at wattages above 125w.
I got this mod because with 4 batteries I can vape for days on a single charge..

Look at my post earlier in this thread (#13) it has pics of this 4 batt RX300..

Oh cool, so with 4 batteries is that twice the battery life as a dual 18650? There was some discussion about this in earlier threads previewing the rx300 and I guess that depends on if their in series or parallel. Im no expert when it comes to batteries and the like I just know enough to be safe.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Oh cool, so with 4 batteries is that twice the battery life as a dual 18650? There was some discussion about this in earlier threads previewing the rx300 and I guess that depends on if their in series or parallel. Im no expert when it comes to batteries and the like I just know enough to be safe.
If the chip is efficient enough the battery life should be double that of a two-battery mod, or more. The capacity of batteries is better if they're not stressed that much so if ran at the same wattage you should have more than double the battery time. Parallel or series doesn't matter. I'm simplifying here, but with parallel mods you'll have double the mAh and the amps but with series mods you'll have double the voltage and will therefore use half the amps and mAh. Example:

Parallel
60w / 3v = 20 amps (divided between the batteries)

Series
60w / 6v = 10 amps (per battery)

Bucking the voltage is more effective than boosting it so on paper series setups should have better battery life, but in actual use you're unlikely to notice it. And this is all very dependent on the efficiency of the chip as well.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Congrats on your new mod! How high of wattages have you brought it up to so far, and how does it vape?

As you got your 300, I got my RX2/3. And it's much bigger and heavier than I imagined (but in a good way). Feels solid and sturdy. Surpasses/surpassed all my expectations! I am running it at 100w with a Cleito 120 and it vapes perfectly.
View attachment 626049

I love the cleito tank How do you think it Would vape with the rx300.
I am getting the alien first but will have the rx300 in about a month Looks great

Reactions: smacksy

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I am ordering the rx300 on Saturday an it comes with four Samsung batteries. I am also getting the cloud beast tank which comes with a rebuildable. I cannot wait, I was gonna get the smok alien but as I already have a dual battery I am getting the rx300. It looks so solid an durable, it looks so good in the hand too an a lot of people think it's too heavy, I think the weight is actually even more appealing. Can't wait to knock out flavour at 140 watts. My tfv4 micro has such good flavour but won't hit the same resistance as the cloud beast. Was also gonna get the cleito 120 till I was going through my drawer an realising I already have one!

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
IMG_20170121_211131.jpg

Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread