Just picked up an SX Mini today, a few thoughts for craps and snorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortFuse

Mar 27, 2015
www.adland.tv
Hey everyone,

Not a new vaper, but don't have a lot of time to be active in the community. I try to do what I can to give back a bit, and it was pointed out to me that there's a lot of people considering them, so I thought I'd jot a few poorly ordered thoughts on the thing down for general consumption.

First off, it's heavy in the hand. Like, way heavier than you'd expect for something this size. That's actually a good thing for me, I don't want to pay that much money for something that feels like my 2 year old could break it in a tantrum. Second off, it's NOT intuitive, at all. See, it probably would be, except vaping has existed for a while and people have gotten used to doing things certain ways. You won't find that to be the case with the SX. The controls and whatnot are really slick, and it makes sense once you get into it, but it's a clunky process to change settings and such at first. On the plus side, no more jacking my Sigelei to 150 unknowingly and self murdering on accident.

As for the features themselves, I love the temp control. I've held off for a while, but it's worth it. The nice thing is the consistency of the draw. The ramp up to infinity with Kanthal where I end up with shorter hits than I want is over. That's pretty cool.

Oh, it has a gravity sensor so you can tilt it to move your settings. (Queue ooohs and Aaahs I guess).

Battery life, well, it only takes one 18650, so, you know, it's about what you'd expect. Mind you, I generaly vape a Sigelei 100 or 150, so I'll get at least a full day, unless you're a sporadic or light vaper, you'll burn through 3 in a day most days with this thing.

Any questions, I'll try to get back, but no promises, I'm not a professional reviewer, just thought this might be helpful for some people.

*Edit* My one minor annoyance with this thing (other than the $200 price tag), is the battery cap. It's a real pain to screw off an on, and you can't use small vaping stuff, you have to use pocket change or a key or something larger, it'll probably wind up trashed, and it's a thin little cheapo thing.

**Edit2** One of the features that's really nice if you're like me and a morning vaper that doesn't like to go at it hard, it has 4 power settings (soft, standard, powerful, powerful+) The Soft has a really slow ramp up, it's great to go with the coffee. If you're the type that loves the morning vape, but doesn't like to blow clouds early, this will be one of your favorite features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread