Just say no to stock coils and mech mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
First time this ever happened, but guess it actually does happen. I was taking a hit off a cubis stock coil and it shorted out while I was taking a hit. Coil stopped working after that (naturally). I say this because I know there are some that use stock coils with mech mods, and if I had been using my mech it could have been a disaster.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
First time this ever happened, but guess it actually does happen. I was taking a hit off a cubis stock coil and it shorted out while I was taking a hit. Coil stopped working after that (naturally). I say this because I know there are some that use stock coils with mech mods, and if I had been using my mech it could have been a disaster.
I have several stock coil heads for the nautilus Mini. Those are set aside for when ny left hand goes and can no longer build or see well enough to build.

I have never found Pre made coil head that provides the flavor my hand made coil makes.

You're probably thinking "but i don't want to build every 2-3 days.

One of my coils lasts me for 2 1/2-3 months.

I replace the wick every 2-3 days but it only takes 2 minutes for me to pull the wick, dry burn the kanthal or stainless steel coil, replace wick and cut to size and I'm vaping again. When i used Rayon i only needed to rewick once a week- 10 days.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Thank you for posting this, Bonskibon. I actually only learned recently that you should never use stock coils on a mech. I don't use mechs, so I hadn't researched or learned much and it just didn't come up in stuff I was reading. I could see someone even feeling like a stock coil would be *safer*, so it's good to spread the knowledge.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have several stock coil heads for the nautilus Mini. Those are set aside for when ny left hand goes and can no longer build or see well enough to build.

I have never found Pre made coil head that provides the flavor my hand made coil makes.

You're probably thinking "but i don't want to build every 2-3 days.

One of my coils lasts me for 2 1/2-3 months.

I replace the wick every 2-3 days but it only takes 2 minutes for me to pull the wick, dry burn the kanthal or stainless steel coil, replace wick and cut to size and I'm vaping again. When i used Rayon i only needed to rewick once a week- 10 days.
I build also and like it better in some of my tanks. I only mentioned what happened because there are some people who still will use stock coils on mech mods, and that's just not safe.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thank you for posting this, Bonskibon. I actually only learned recently that you should never use stock coils on a mech. I don't use mechs, so I hadn't researched or learned much and it just didn't come up in stuff I was reading. I could see someone even feeling like a stock coil would be *safer*, so it's good to spread the knowledge.
I was told waaay back to never use stock coils in mech mods and I just took the advice from those who knew more than me at the time. Having had a stock coil short out on me made the whole thing real. I haven't used my mech mods that I do own, but when and if I do I'll never use a stock coil in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread