Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I started with Green Smokes and got bored very quickly, especially when I saw all of the other options of attys, flavors, etc. While waiting for my eGo to arrive, I tried the Green Smart Living ones. I thought they were better than Green Smokes, and certainly convenient since my liquor store carries them. I would recommend them to someone who just wants something other than an analog, but doesn't want to get complicated or buy online - I'd feel bad for them though, with so many other fun things available.

KiKi13

Sep 18, 2012
california
Hey everyone,
I just started smoking the Green Smart Living e-cig as a way to try and quit. I plan on starting at the full nicotine cartridges, then go down to the low nicotine, and finally to the zero nicotine cartridges. Is there anyone out there who smoke or have smoked the Green Smart Living e-cig? What was your experience with it?

I just got one myself and love it. I haven't had a real cigarette since I purchased it. It already has saved me money. Since I am using it to quit smoking, I don't see the necessity in buying APVs. These are easily affordable & easy to use. Good luck!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Good advice!

Not to mention the cost of buying pre-filled cartos. It can be done this way, but it's very expensive compared to having your own juice.

I concur. I have not know anybody who stuck with the look-a_likes. What kind is a subjective thing. I have used two different batteries. I have a Ego twist 1000 and a provari (expesive there are less expensive) I use the variable volts to accommodate different OHM attys.
This is just my opinion and may not be what others have experienced. Hope this helps.

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
the three main problems with the gsl are 1) battery life - this thing has a small, weak battery 2) carto cost - around $3 per carto 3) proprietary threading. the carto cost can be solved by refilling them. that will decrease the cost tenfold ~$3.00 to ~$0.30. while i no longer use this device, i still have it and i gravely regret not keeping the empties because i now want to refill them so my gf can use it. i could bite the bullet and buy another 5pack for $14 one time so that i can refill em but i know that $14 can be better spent at hundreds of different places. as far as battery life, as long as you're at home or at work, its not a huge problem, just charge it when you aren't using it and all is well. as far as the threading, you're stuck getting their cartos. and strangely, ordering them online directly from their website costs even more than just picking them up from a smoke shop. i do not dislike this brand since it got me off cigs but those three issues do make it a less than desirable kit. let me reiterate, do not throw away your empty cartos!! even if you are not currently refilling, you probably will at one point and like me, YOU WILL REGRET not having the empties when you get some juice.

hathegkla

Oct 28, 2012
oakland
so I just got one of these with a set of clove refills. its actually not as bad as people say. that being said its nothing compared to larger more powerful cigs...however for a beginner or anyone that doesn't need a big powerful vap its just fine. it's a lot better than any disposable I've used (which isn't saying much). I've tried my friends custom $100+ e-cigs and they do give a much stronger hit (if that's what you need), and the battery life is insanely longer than the gsl...that being said the gsl is more than adequate for a beginner or someone who is trying to cut down/quit. I paid $20 for it and $13 for a 5 pack of refils. if you are ok with not being able to make your own refills and just want a cheap easy e-cig this is just fine. I only really smoke when I'm drinking, I wanted something small and this pretty much does what I want it to do. I'm happy with it, it charges with the usb port on my computer and the refills taste good.

bottom line: if you are ok with a smaller weaker e-cig this isn't a bad deal. if you need a strong hit and long battery life or want to make your own refills spend a little more and get a real one. but for what I want/need this is great and don't regret my purchase at all. the biggest selling point for me was accessibility, the refills are easy to find for me but I think if you are a serious nic addict this may not be strong enough for you.

Scorpion30

Feb 1, 2013
Arizona
I did sign up here to respond to this thread. However I am not a seller but a user of green smart living. I actually enjoy it and with my local cigar shop selling e-liquid I am able to refill my cartomizer easily with the condom method with a variety of flavors. Now I have 3 ecigs and the worst one out of all 3 is my NLA. I actually get great vape off of the GSL and my njoy. I stick with the look a likes but haven't had a analog in over a month. When it comes down to it all of this is opinion. People tend to use what they like no matter what anyone else says. Now here is what I have found out so far dealing with these analog look a likes. NLA and GSL cartomizers will work with each other, And Njoy and 21st century carts will do the same. 21st century carts work better with the Njoy ecig which can be found at gas stations for the most part.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
I’m currently using the Green GSL’s along with the NEXgen. I have two batteries of each been refilling the Cartridges from both. I am upgrading but these have worked for me! Plus I like the compactness of them for out and about in public. I agree there are better options but if it wasn’t for these I would have not got started! Rotating the batteries last me all day and I add 18 to 19 drops to the cartridges when refilling. I currently have a GSL cartridge on a NEXgen battery as I’m writing this 19 drops of Max Menthol from My Freedom Smokes working just fine! For those starting out I would recommend these to get started then you can decide where you want to go with it. Even with my new equipment coming I will keep these around for when I’m in restaurants or bars as well as to introduce others to Vaping! Just My 13 cents worth!

Skullman {:{}

I'm new to this to this site, but I've been vaping for a few months on and off now. They totally work- I've pretty much gone back to the "only smoking analogs while partying" phase :)
I started with those 'Square' disposables, then NLAs and some others, but greensmartliving was the first 're-chargable' that i have actually liked enough to buy consistently.
They sell starter kits for 20$ at the smoke shop near my apt. They're the best and cheapest option I've tried so far-
Yeah, the battery only lasts 3-4 months, but hey! theyre only 20 bucks! And the hit and taste is better than a few other more expensive ones... so I say go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread