Just started vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I've tried over the years to quit cigarettes with vaping and it never worked for me. On Sunday, I'll be two weeks free from cigarettes. I recently learned that one of the reasons I kept giving up was user error. Saying that it's easy to chain vape when starting is an understatement. What was happening was that I was running my atomizers dry and burning them up. On average, they've lasted me about one or two days. I keep reading about people who have these things last for a month or longer and it sounds like a myth. I'm realizing that I can't chain vape and need to space out each time I take a toot. The other thing I learned quickly is that I need a dedicated charger (I went out and bought a Nitecore D2). Not only were the batteries getting wonky but I can only imagine it will kill that USB port without too much effort.

My current setup is this: Reuleaux rx2/3, Cleito, and a Uwell Crown (the first one)

I have noticed one thing about the Reuleaux - depending on the tank, it's very finicky about how far down the tank is tightened on the 510 connection. This is particularly true of the Cleito. I like the fact that I can change the battery symbol and have it read a percentage. I really wish it would give a reading as each percentage of battery power was drained. Instead, it tells me when around 5% of the battery has been drained. This is a little disconcerting at work, which is why I use three batteries. Also, I have large hands so three batteries ends up being more comfortable.

Currently vaping Weirdo Vape. I tend toward the juices that are sour. vaping can dry out your mouth and sour flavors cause you to salivate.

-- Chester

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
I don't have one but other users here have mention janky 510 connectors on the RX2/3. I DO have an RX200S though and the 510 is perfectly fine on it.

As for the chain vaping, yea, I did that too. I've been vaping now for seven months and I've noticed I don't vape as much as I did starting out. I started a 6mg, MTL hits only. Now I alternate between 6mg MTL and 3mg DL, depending on where I'm at and the time of day. Maybe increasing your nic would help you to vape a little less?

Also, rebuildables. Took me a few months to get into it but now that I'm rebuilding, I only have to rewick every two weeks and build a new coil every month. Saves a boatload of money in the long run.

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
If you are chain vaping it is a nic issue, not a setup issue. I chain vaped like crazy on 3 nic, I found 6 to be my happy balance, dripping or in a tank. I cut down on juice usage and now get good mileage.

The RX2/3 has known 510 issues, personally included. One thing that actually helped was flashing the Arctic Fox firmware. What Who_Dey_1991 says is correct, the 510 is better on the RX200. I would try the Arctic Fox firmware first before spending the time and money on replacing the 510.

The board on the 2/3 is why I stepped up to a DNA 250. There are limited options for a 3 battery 250, so I did my homework and picked the best I felt suited for me. I have spoken to other 2/3 users and they agree, the battery life is not that good. Even Wismec agreed, I emailed them directly. That is just the way it is. On my Serpent Mini 25mm with a single fused Clapton metering to .28, I get 2-3 days of battery life from normal use.

Last edited:

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I chain vape everyday all day long and have for 4 yrs, never had that problem. I did a lot of research and still do research. Forums, YouTube, etc. Now I just build my own. Coils last forever. Just dry burn them and change out cotton once or twice weekly depending on juice. Tobaccos and dark or real sweet juices gunk them up quicker. You will get there. Good luck and VAPE ON

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'll look into arctic fox. I haven't heard of that before now. I have the rebuildable atomizer for the Crown. At my local vape shop, I bought 8 different premade coils by Demon Killer. It comes with six of each coil. At this point, I'm not looking to get too far into coil building because I just want to get through my first two months without cigarettes.

I'm looking at buying The Goon. I'm sure I'm not saying anything new but everything tatses so much better when dripped. Right now I'm using 3 mg juice. I quickly discovered that 12 mg is way too strong on a sub ohm tank. I'll try jumping back up to 6 mg and see if that changes things.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'll look into arctic fox. I haven't heard of that before now. I have the rebuildable atomizer for the Crown. At my local vape shop, I bought 8 different premade coils by Demon Killer. It comes with six of each coil. At this point, I'm not looking to get too far into coil building because I just want to get through my first two months without cigarettes.

I'm looking at buying The Goon. I'm sure I'm not saying anything new but everything tatses so much better when dripped. Right now I'm using 3 mg juice. I quickly discovered that 12 mg is way too strong on a sub ohm tank. I'll try jumping back up to 6 mg and see if that changes things.
Congrats on quitting the cigs.. in my own personal experience I've tried 3mg in drippers and sub ohm tanks and it makes me want to chain vape... there is no throat hit to it.. I like a 6 mg in DL devices....but don't forget there are other devices out there too... MTL tanks..... throw some high nic 12 or 18mg in there and you may not be blowing clouds, but you get great nic satisfaction that can keep you off the stinkies. I use MTL and DL atomizers... MTL is great for work couple quick blasts of some high nic juice will keep the cravings away..

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've tried over the years to quit cigarettes with vaping and it never worked for me. On Sunday, I'll be two weeks free from cigarettes. I recently learned that one of the reasons I kept giving up was user error. Saying that it's easy to chain vape when starting is an understatement. What was happening was that I was running my atomizers dry and burning them up. On average, they've lasted me about one or two days. I keep reading about people who have these things last for a month or longer and it sounds like a myth. I'm realizing that I can't chain vape and need to space out each time I take a toot. The other thing I learned quickly is that I need a dedicated charger (I went out and bought a Nitecore D2). Not only were the batteries getting wonky but I can only imagine it will kill that USB port without too much effort.
My current setup is this: Reuleaux rx2/3, Cleito, and a Uwell Crown (the first one)
Welcome and glad you joined. I use deep well RDA's. Deep wells are like mini tanks and give the best taste available. Deep wells can be cleaned/new wicked in a minute and be ready for a new juice for the lowest cost. As to portability, air holes (rubber slip rings) and drip tips can be quickly sealed/unsealed to insure no leakage during transport.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @Chester R Bridgewater and I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you want to chain vape I have found the best thing to do to extend coil life is to keep pulling when you let off the fire button. It does two things one is to cool the coil and the other is to prime it again for the next puff. Works for me! Good Luck!

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I'll check out the links for dripping and all the other good info. Thanks for the support. I ended up getting a Tsunami 24 today. I know that there are complaints but I also figured out that a lot of the complaints can be removed if the device is used properly.

My initial problem was that I was only putting the juice on the coil and wick, which ended up with dry hits, after hitting it three times. I felt sort of stupid because I wasn't employing the juice well. After putting new cotton in my coil, I realised that juice well is exactly the size of one squeeze from a bottle of juice. I also discovered that the juice well, when filled up, lasts the length of a cigarette. I can manage around five minutes, when I time it out that way. A lot of this is turning into experimentation.

I'm sticking to single coils because I can't afford the juice or battery power that double coils would use up. In about a month, I want to look into getting a squonking mod. From what I've read, that has really improved recently.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread