Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

herscht

Sep 2, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I am a smoker of 44 years that is in day 2 without cigarettes and have started vaping full time (if you will). I've been looking at this forum for some time and it seems there is a considerable amount of information here.

A friend took me to an local e-cig shop and they recommended the aspire bdc as a starter kit. me, without any knowledge, purchased it and have struggled for months. but I am now committed.

I have settled a neutral flavor (mainly because I work in a hospital) and I'm good. I've been mixing in some fruit flavors, raspberry, honeydew.

The problems I have are with the coil and the gurgling and sometimes it quits vaping. I was curious if the 2.1 ohm makes a significant difference. Seems like that's only available online.

It's great to meet you. I had quite a bit of gurgling with my nautilus, and occasionally it would leak out of the air flow holes. I found that if I filled it just a hint lower than the full capacity I stopped having that issue. Also, if you're priming your coils by putting juice directly into them, don't put more than 2 drops. Otherwise it floods, gurgling, blocked airflow, etc. Congratulations on sticking with it though. I have found it's truly worth it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am a smoker of 44 years that is in day 2 without cigarettes and have started vaping full time (if you will). I've been looking at this forum for some time and it seems there is a considerable amount of information here.

A friend took me to an local e-cig shop and they recommended the aspire bdc as a starter kit. me, without any knowledge, purchased it and have struggled for months. but I am now committed.

I have settled a neutral flavor (mainly because I work in a hospital) and I'm good. I've been mixing in some fruit flavors, raspberry, honeydew.

The problems I have are with the coil and the gurgling and sometimes it quits vaping. I was curious if the 2.1 ohm makes a significant difference. Seems like that's only available online.

gurgling is a flooded coil; opposite of a dry hit.
tilt it upside down and a drop of extra liquid might come out the tip then you should be able to vape, and therefore verify that it was a flooded coil.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Welcome to efc herscht
Glad to hear you made up your mind to stop the analogs.
As for getting that great/satisfying vape, it shouldn't take long to figure out what works for you.
The Aspire Nautilus can be a figidy tank. It has the tighter draw most smokers like ( compared to smoking a cigarette )
Personally, I think a lot of stuff out there is not great working equipment to make it easy to quit smoking, causing some to think its a pain in the as# and they go back to smoking.
I believe the better vaping experience comes when you learn about rebuilding and wicking.
You might find less troubles with Kangertech's newer sub-ohm tanks. On the tightest air setting it hits like the Nautilus wide open.
If you don't mind the wait, you can order it from Fast tech for $15.00 -

$14.49 SUBTANK Mini V2 Styled OCC Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
With this tank/item, you'll be able to build on the RBA ( Rebuildable Atomizer ) It also comes with a stock coil ( that can also be rebuilt )
You will need wire, I suggest 26 ga. Kanthal - $3.50 -

$3.39 Authentic Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers - 26 AWG / 0.4mm*10m / 0.9ohm/cm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And some organic cotton from CVS works great or from Fast Tech -$3.00 -

$2.83 Authentic Koh Gen Do Rectangle Organic Cotton Wick for RDA RTA RBA Atomizers (6-Piece) - 80*60mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Watch a bunch of youtube rebuilding videos for the Kangertech Sub-ohm RBA and within a few days your vaping experience will 10 fold.

Of course if your not into the hobby end of vaping, you can just go to the local brick and mortar vape shop and twist his/her brain to get the vaping satisfaction you deserve.

Any who, welcome and VapeOn
PS.....Actually the tank/ RBA comes with an extra coil and cotton.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY

You might find my post above interesting. For under $25.00 you can learn and get a better vaping experience.

Reactions: David Wolf

ravnhaus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2015
Welcome to the forum. I am a new member, as well. Been vaping for a couple of years, but getting into more in to it in the last couple of months.
This seems like a great forum. I have already picked up much needed information.
Cast the poison aside and blow a cloud for freedom.
There is a learning curve to vaping.
Get a good rig and a vape of choice.
Just say no to combustion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread