• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just wanted to share this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamatz

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Tokyo
Dr. Farsalinos’ study that found that testing 159 different e-liquids found that 74% contained diacetyl and/or acetyl propionyl.
Wow, that doesn't look too good. I hope Dr. Farsalinos and his crew post a list of good-bad juices at the end of the study, so people wouldn't just bash on SB when their favourite "supa-dupa-juice" company has it tons worse.

Last edited:
I know alot of Vapers are concerned about these addatives in juice and that fear will keep them from trying them, that's their choice. I smoked a PAD and some times more for 42 yrs, so the fact that I might inhale something that causes me to become ill just doesn't factor into my thoughts about ejuice. Barring Pesticides (oh done those) Bug and animal (maybe even human) parts and offal (oh done that too) or some fine pharmacuticle grade chemicals ( Oh dang, done those too), as long as I'm made aware of the danger and what to look out for, I'll try juices I'm interested in. My mother always told me " If you dance to the music you will eventually have to pay the Band"! I'll try to keep informed, but will not panic. At my age a little risk is just that, and some say it's "the spice of life"! :2c:

11cloud

Apr 4, 2014
Tokyo
Dr. Farsalinos repeatedly mentioned during the interview that "vaping is still considerably better than smoking". That being said, their are risks involved and one of those said risks is diacetyl/acetyl. The diacetyl and acetyl problem however can be remedied if the flavoring companies and juice vendors exercise more caution before selling their products. I posted the link not to fear monger but rather, to face certain weaknesses and problems in an industry that is still at it's infancy and trying to find it's proper place and footing. I am really hopping that juice testing becomes mandatory. I for one do not want to prove those ....ers in the FDA right! I believe that their is still a lot of room for improvement in our somewhat ostracized hobby. I wanna "dance" for a long long time: I'm sure most of us do, no?

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
Maybe the austriches will take their heads out stop saying that its not as bad a cigarettes or all this s***t that has been circulated about the forum about the present situation being acceptable.

We, the consumers need proper labelling on e-juice liquids and we need regulations on e-juices mixing and selling. Vendors must be obligated to test have their products tested and the results posted. This obligation should be enforced properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread