Just what is a "Coil" and how often does one need to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
ON PREVIEW: While I was drafting my opus, djtonyb and gthompson jumped in with excellent explanations. Thanks, guys. And the tank you're considering looks to me like an EVOD clone. Search the forum on EVOD for lots more info.

I thought they looked like Evods too, but then read that the vendor says they have a 3ml capacity. Neither the Evod nor the MT3S has 3ml capacity, but the MT3S does hold more liquid than the Evod.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
I use a Go-Go and currently have the clearos. I know that it is a wicking issue that I am having and it really only happens to my two favorite juices, maybe they are thicker? What I do is unscrew the mouth piece/filling thingie and it relieves the pressure on the wicks and then I am able to get a good draw. The problem with this is if I forget that I unscrewed the top and lay it down it leaks into the mouth piece and then I get gurgling. This is the link to the Clearo tanks that I am currently using

GOGO FURY PREMIUM TANKS

This is the new thank that they just came out with and it has the changeable coil that I mentioned.

GOGO M1 TANKS

I am thinking that the new tanks would be better but I am very intimidated by the coil replacement.

Just looking at where the wicking is coming out on these tanks, these seem to be top coil, not bottom coil. they may be bottom replaceable, but, not bottom coil tanks. More akin to a stardust than anything else.

If you can see the wicks in the tank, you may need to tip the device slightly to ensure they are saturated. If you CANT see the wicks in the tank, or there's just little wicks at the bottom, then it is a bottom coil, and instead of loosening the cap to relieve air pressure, one of the best methods is to take a short hard puff or two on it without holding the button down on your GoGo. This "sucks" some of the liquid over the coil to keep it wet.

This is definitely a wicking issue, and if you're having consistent issues with it, you can try thinning your juice slightly with a DROP (eyedropper drop) of distilled water. This can usually help with thicker juices in finicky tanks.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Just looking at where the wicking is coming out on these tanks, these seem to be top coil, not bottom coil. they may be bottom replaceable, but, not bottom coil tanks. More akin to a stardust than anything else.

If you can see the wicks in the tank, you may need to tip the device slightly to ensure they are saturated. If you CANT see the wicks in the tank, or there's just little wicks at the bottom, then it is a bottom coil, and instead of loosening the cap to relieve air pressure, one of the best methods is to take a short hard puff or two on it without holding the button down on your GoGo. This "sucks" some of the liquid over the coil to keep it wet.

This is definitely a wicking issue, and if you're having consistent issues with it, you can try thinning your juice slightly with a DROP (eyedropper drop) of distilled water. This can usually help with thicker juices in finicky tanks.

I think she already has the CE4/Stardust type tanks and is looking at the tanks in the second link, which are definitely bottom coil devices.

peakcomm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Somewhere in the US in my RV
I thought they looked like Evods too, but then read that the vendor says they have a 3ml capacity. Neither the Evod nor the MT3S has 3ml capacity, but the MT3S does hold more liquid than the Evod.

You're absolutely right, IBCR Media. I looked, but didn't read. And the M1 model number is likely a nod to the MT3S, as well. Thanks for the correction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread