Justfog S14 coil rebuild questions (first time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swebass

Nov 29, 2015
Hi everybody, this is my first post of this forum!

i have a justfog S14 clearmomizer and id like to rebuild the coil in the coilhead, because i want to know what is actually in that coilhead and also because it looks fun! However i have never rebuild coils before.

Ok so the coil heads are rated at 1.6Ohm (i guess to work perfectly with ego style batteries, which is what i use) and it uses a nichrome coil. but i have read online that nichrome is good for fast ramp up time but it is also known for it's "metallic taste", so i'd like to give kanthal a try to see if it could enhance the flavor a bit. (and also by using ko gen do organic cotton)

However my question is: no matter what i use, nichrome or kanthal, if the value of my coil stays or is higher than 1.6 i'm all safe? (i really don't want to have my ego style battery blow on me, I'm completely new to this...)
here is the coil used in these coilheads:
9ec2521.jpg

Also, the coil used on the coil head is kind of spaced out, but i see a lot of fancy coils where the wraps are all super tight touching each other making it glow from the inside. if i do so will it decrease the coil's ohm value?

The coil heads i will be working on are pretty small, as you can see i only have approx 5mm to work with. (also the white part is ceramic so i guess its ok if the coil touches it a bit? at least i won't have shortcut problems? (i guess???)
281037b.jpg

84912fc.jpg

seeing that, what kind of kenthal would you recommend? again for 1.6ohm coil (i read somewhere online that 0.30 kanthal is better for flavor and warmth than a 0.25 for microcoils, if that makes any sense for a build that small anyway) And also white drill bit size would you recommend to build on?

i wish i was clear enough and sorry for asking so noob questions, by i am a noob and i really don't want my ego style battery to blow on me since i know NOTHING about coils...

Thanks!!
cheers

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
1. You need to purchase an ohm reader to measure your build before you fire it on your ego battery.
2. Steam Engine can help you plan your build.
3. I use to use 28 or 30 gauge A1 Kanthal when I use to rebuild my Kanger Protank coils.
4. Stay with builds 1.6Ω and higher due to the amp rating of most ego batteries

Here is a video of rebuilding Kanger Protank coils (for reference).

Swebass

Nov 29, 2015
Thanks for the awnser!!

nice, that protank mini seems similar to my tank in term of sizes. i checked steam engine with 30 gauge kanthal for a 4mm long coil with 2mm inner diameter targeting 1.6ohm and it suggests me to do between 6 and 7 wraps which seems all ok and correct to me. however when i change the target resistance see what would it be for like a 1.9ohm coil and and it suggests me MORE wraps, shouldn't it be the opposite..? more wraps = more resistance = lower ohms right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread