Juul - Juul

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
nic salts has become a kind of generic term, but not all salts are created the same. PAX's juul juice is designed to hit hard and fast. Mr Salt-E use Nude Nics salts which doesnt hit as hard but has other qualitys.

My initial impressions are the NIC feel is nice with the Juul pods but no throat hit. Now if I can get that same feel and more throat hit in my DIY that would be the beez-neez.

Reactions: David Wolf

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I thought the JUULs were known for throat hit. Some complain its too much.

I get minimal throat hit on mine. I doubt it's a defective device because I can definitely feel the nicotine (I expected NOT to feel the nicotine as much as others stated, so I doubt it's a placebo) similar vapor production to myjet pods with DIY juice.

I get a minor menthol throat hit with the mint
No throat hit with the Fruit or Creme Brule
and a slight tickle with the tobacco.

My 36mg DIY for the MyJet has vastly superior throat hit but also has a tighter draw

If I MTL the Juul, which provides an unsatisfactory vape IMO, I get zero throat hit.

I was hoping for a massive throat punch, but I don't get that at all, the nicotine is satisfying still despite the lack of hit.

What is interesting, is that if I exhale through my nose I get more burn than if I exhale my Myjet through the nose. (I don't generally nose exhale because I find it taints my juice flavors)

Last edited:

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I think you have iron lungs/throat. :evil: :D

*Pounds chest and grunts*;)

I'd doubt it, even my 3mg on my squonker can give me hiccups in the mornings sometimes.

I definitely get way more throat feel/hit from the MyJet with DIY 36mg.

The Juul is also a very "cool" vape whereas I normally like warm to hot so that could have something to do with it.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
JUUL device was a good one. They improved serious leakage (spitback directly into your mouth) problems with the pods in the past year. Hit is usually great but varies even with the same unit on the same day, and sometimes very soft. The device itself tends to fail (multiple variations on not charging or not activating) so you need more than one (ideally 3-4 devices just in case one won't work as you're leaving for work) but reliability is also improving. Autoship of pods, quality control, and customer service are kind of hit or miss. They lost my pod autoship setup twice in the year I've had it set up, resulting in me unexpectedly running out of pods. Customer service is way too slow to deal with shipping problems effectively. I'm about to give up on JUUL despite them making a pretty good product. So many things have gone wrong in the past week I have to wonder if the company is about to go belly-up.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    My brother is in the US for the Oscars and has found a couple of JUUL kits for me. Still on the hunt for pods..

Pretty excited to finally try it. (presuming he finds some pods)

juul.jpg

VictorC

ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    My brother is in the US for the Oscars and has found a couple of JUUL kits for me. Still on the hunt for pods..

Pretty excited to finally try it. (presuming he finds some pods)

View attachment 637457

Still my favourite pod system. Almost perfect for the office setup (just a bit noisy). Not sure if you will like the draw, it is tight and you can't drill it out :)

Reactions: dansus

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    So. MD
    A word of caution when using the subscription service for the pods, a lot of folks (myself included) have received faulty pods recently. They either are completely empty when they arrive (juice has leaked out), or they taste like burnt plastic. It's been two weeks without a response from customer service, and I have stopped using the Juul all together due to the QC issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread