• Jan 16, 2016
    London
    New juul?

new_juul.jpg

Liazard

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2016
    A word of caution when using the subscription service for the pods, a lot of folks (myself included) have received faulty pods recently. They either are completely empty when they arrive (juice has leaked out), or they taste like burnt plastic. It's been two weeks without a response from customer service, and I have stopped using the juul all together due to the QC issues.

Company is still hit or miss in mid-2017. My impression is it's poorly-run. Autoshipped pods come with hard draw or leaking, leading to complaints to their CS system, which leaves a lot to be desired. Customer service is almost nonexistent, minimum 2 weeks between responses and then you get a robo-reply pasted into an email from a person. The device itself seems cool but it doesn't take long to see the flaws in the magnetic charger. After a few months you plug them in and they appear to start charging then the light goes out. Or the light goes green but they won't work with a pod. Is it the pod or the device? Who knows and the company is almost no help. Put a JUUL device in your pocket and it accumulates a strange grit on the contacts (apparently a lot of dust is attracted to magnets), which ends up in a tiny pile in the center of the charger, which prevents charging. Getting magnetic grit off of a magnet is basically impossible. This combination of variable product (pods and devices both), zero design changes to eliminate problems, and poor CS creates an impossible situation where you may be trying to work with the company but they are unable or unwilling to take care of problems.

Last edited:

Liazard

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2016
    The liquid is really really good, so I don't think it's all that surprising. Unlike anything else on the market. What's surprising to me is that no manufacturer that I'm aware of has even come close to duplicating it. There are a some (subtle) claims out there involving salts nicotine but you have to wonder if anyone has seriously (= scientifically) made a major effort to clone it. Also surprising that JUUL doesn't sell the liquid outside the pods.

BTW, the pods are much cheaper from the company online, especially with autoship.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

unkuser

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    New Yawk
    I have tried the Juul and it's a nice device. However, the pods are too small and expensive. I much prefer the Juno because of the larger pods.

Tried both regular eliquid and Nicotine Salt and I must say Nicotine Salt must be used for Pods. You can't get the same satisfaction by using regular eliquid.

There are annoyances with the Juno as well, but the larger pods beats the Juul.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    The liquid is really really good, so I don't think it's all that surprising. Unlike anything else on the market. What's surprising to me is that no manufacturer that I'm aware of has even come close to duplicating it. There are a some (subtle) claims out there involving salts nicotine but you have to wonder if anyone has seriously (= scientifically) made a major effort to clone it. Also surprising that JUUL doesn't sell the liquid outside the pods.

BTW, the pods are much cheaper from the company online, especially with autoship.

Try the Salt E-Liquid line (not to be confused with Mr Salt-E). I just got an email from a company showing a Mango version.

Reactions: stols001

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2011
    USA

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have to say, it's nice to see folks being successful with the juul and quitting cigs on it. I almost bought one early on while waiting for my MTL to arrive, but they were sold out all over the place. I have to say given the prices, I'm glad I didn't and was able to find nic satisfaction elsewhere. I use nic salts but at nowhere near the percentages of the Juul though some folks do swear that they are unlike other nic salts and I'd say Juul has something proprietary (and good, for some folks) going on.

The price though.... Oh my :)

Anna

Reactions: Vesh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread