Downtimejapan

May 1, 2013
Japan
Last edited:

Iron Knuckle

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Washington, USA
Picked mine up from Kidney Puncher. It wasn't a kit however, I paid about 40 for it. Worth it for the service and speed. Showed up today :D

Rocking an Octopus RDA and a transformer driptip from madvapes with an efest 18350 nipple top.

tophat ninja.jpg

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Naked K100 with Chimbus.jpg
FINALLY de-sleeved. I also sanded down the base, leaving just a hint of the knurling. Just gotta touch up a little bit by the base on the main tube just above the bottom cap.

I also shortened the firing pin and cut both springs which gives it about a 1mm or maybe even less throw on the button. The gap you see on the locking ring there is the total throw distance of the button. I actually shortened it a little too much, so I have to use an upside down button top battery in 18350 shorty to get that very slight extra reach to the button. It works fine with my kick clone or with an 18650 with things right side up. Overall it's much shorter, only a hair taller than an 18650 battery, it also feels a lot less bulky and just a light touch gets it going, yet still locks fine when I want it to with 2 twists of the ring.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Yes it IS quite a gap. Taking the top cap off reveals the spring, which appears to be fastened by a small phillips-head screw. I would guess that backing that screw out would lower the center pin, but would also loosen the spring. And that sounds like a bad thing.

I'm somewhat active on the Sigelei #19 thread and I think some people have posted instructions on how to do this but it's kinda beyond my capabilities/level of confidence.

You need to adjust the centre pin on the brass 19e that's some big gap.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. The muscles in my hands and forearms aren't what they used to be.

No mate unscrew the screw the spring will come off then use some needle nose pliers and unscrew the white plastic bit by bit until your Atty sits as flush as then put the spring back on and its done :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
hmmm, i am now disappointed in my k100.
i accidentally dropped just the bottom piece with the button, and now it just wont hit right. it like its now pushing about 1/3 of the power it was pre-drop!!
i tried moving the spring around, changing batter and atty, but just not reaching near its potential.
i cant figure out what could be causing this. the drop most of jostled something, but i dont see where or how.
any suggestions?

also, i dont have the k100 drip shield that usually comes with, anywhere i can get one inexpensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread