Kamry K1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
One flaw I have found is that you can get one with a cold solder join.
If it within waranty, return it.
If it isn't, you have nothing to lose by taking a look. I repaired one by gently pulling the center post out and found that the solder join had let go.
I was able to repair it easily. I saw another where the join let go by the bottom spring. That one went back.

How did you fix it? Solder it?

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
where do I find a pipe holder?

Best place is a tobacconist. I buy my pipes, tobacco & accessories from Cup O Joes but 4noggins is also a very good source. I've been dealing with them both for more than ten years.

One caveat, the plastic or ss folding stands cannot really cope with the extra weight of an e-pipe. Get one of these...
image17.jpg
—I've got 4; 2 at the office and 2 at home. Used to get by with two but since I started vaping I needed the extra pair.

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
I am probably an idiot...

I got a purple one today. I didn't need it, i have never used a mech, I have never used 18XXX batteries. But it was purple, and it's just my kind of thing. Cheap, why not eh'?

The guy in the store said positive down on the spring, manual says positive up on the pin. I see there was confusion on the first page regarding this. I don't wanna get shocked or worse...

The charger it came with. For now I am just using it and the supplied batteries. How do I know when it is charged? It flipped from red to yellow, I was expecting green. It says not to overcharge so I am taking it off for now to be safe. I did hear something ding back there, does it make a sound (could have been the wifes ipad being loud though...)

Thanks for the assist anyone!

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA
I hope someone comes along with more help. But for now I will say my manual also said positive side up on the battery. I also watched a YouTube video that showed positive side up. As for the charger I can't help you on that. I'm using the batteries but not the charger. I just didn't trust it. I'm using my sons nitecore intellicharger i2.

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
I have the 2nd one charging now, finally getting to try this... wow... what a hit. I had an old cruddy vivi nova sitting there with mystery juice and my new tanks are drying out (gave em a good rinse before putting them in service...). Wow that is alot of vapor... impressed so far.

The battery works in either direction. I just want to know which is right. Going with what the manual says for now, positive up, but it isn't the most trustworthy piece of literature I have ever seen. That charger... yeah, I don't want to spend the money right now, but if I really keep using this thing, it's gotta go.

Cawwwwww btw...

liquid_strat

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
u.s.
Rathamar: How is your silencer working with the K1000?

I own a K1000 and have a silencer on order; however, I just noticed on the Nhaler site where it is now stating not to use it with the Kamry K1000. I thought that pipe was purely mechanical. That disclaimer was not on there a week ago; I am sure. It is also warned to not use this with the Pioneer e-pipe. Any thoughts.

Feraloxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Buffalo, NY, USA
Rathamar: How is your silencer working with the K1000?

I own a K1000 and have a silencer on order; however, I just noticed on the Nhaler site where it is now stating not to use it with the Kamry K1000. I thought that pipe was purely mechanical. That disclaimer was not on there a week ago; I am sure. It is also warned to not use this with the Pioneer e-pipe. Any thoughts.

Not sure as I don't own one, but if the warning was recently placed there they likely found some form of defect with the combination. I wouldn't continue use.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
From what I can tell the K1000 is strait up mechanical & I have had no issues with it. I did find with mine that you need to put the battery in positive down (opposite the fire button). This is opposite of how the instructions booklet that mine came with stated to place the battery. My guess is that the wiring is backwards in the K1000 and NHaler had a lot of returns. It is easy to tell, when you have the Silencer on the K1000, and it does not produce vapor flip the battery.

liquid_strat

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
u.s.
I suppose the silencer must have fried if that is possible. I found info on another thread that stated there is a problem with the K1000 510 post causing the Silencer to short out.

I have since received this info from the "Nhaler" folks:
"The connecter on the K1000 happens to have an issue with the connector and on some other e-pipes the polarity is reversed this causes the silencer to short out."

Glad yours worked out for you. I will have to acquire or build a straight mechanical mod to verify if the Silencer is actually dead.
I did flip the battery, that was also a "no go".

Thanks for the info.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I too am pleased to find this thread still going, and other people enjoying this nifty pipe. I'm still enjoying mine and toying with getting another (or even just the bowl) in a different color - problem would be, WHAT color??!! I like several of the colors. (-:

Thanks for the tips on getting the battery compartment open - I honestly thought I was going to have to send mine back that first evening!! I tried a rubber jar grip, including some other things, ended up spraying it with WD-40 and letting it set awhile. Ugh! But after that I did manage to get it to unscrew, and now I never screw it in all the way and haven't had any more trouble.

Glad for that info about where to fine the coil heads for the original tank. Might get some although I haven't been using that tank lately and don't really need it. Bookmarked the site anyway. Right now, I have a silver SMOK tank on mne.

Interesting about which way the battery goes in - must have made it one way in some batches and the other way in others! Mine goes in positive side up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread