Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409837015.678870.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409837015.678870.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Masty

Mar 23, 2014
La Paz, Bolivia
I was thinking about getting the Pro Tank II for mine. Anyone know if I have to buy a new stem or can I use the stock stem?

I dont know why no one is explaining this properly, the stem that comes with this kamry pipe is a little wird, it uses two O rings instead of the one that uses most of the tanks (thaths the case of the pro tank II) so you CAN put the kamry stem into the prokant 2 BUT, it will be extremelly loose since it does not fit tight, that extra O ring makes the connector twice as long, so in my case, it kept falling from the tank. THE SOLUTION, as someone mentioned in this section, is to cut that extra length or extra O ring, you just grab the original pro tank drip tip alongside the kamry stem and cut to fit the length. I did this with a high powered tool (something like a sand paper wheel) and now it fits perfectly in both my Pro Tank II and Aeronatk.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I dont know why no one is explaining this properly, the stem that comes with this kamry pipe is a little wird, it uses two O rings instead of the one that uses most of the tanks (thaths the case of the pro tank II) so you CAN put the kamry stem into the prokant 2 BUT, it will be extremelly loose since it does not fit tight, that extra O ring makes the connector twice as long, so in my case, it kept falling from the tank. THE SOLUTION, as someone mentioned in this section, is to cut that extra length or extra O ring, you just grab the original pro tank drip tip alongside the kamry stem and cut to fit the length. I did this with a high powered tool (something like a sand paper wheel) and now it fits perfectly in both my Pro Tank II and Aeronatk.

This is what I did as well. I have since bought a pipe stem for my setup, but this worked well for me :vapor:

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
k1000-clone-naut-mini.jpg

I really wanted one of these, but was too poor. I was watching some clones on eBay, and let a bunch pass by, and finally went for it and got one for just under $21.00, so I was thrilled. It's a kit, with a case, 2 batteries, charger, 510 adapter. It's my first mech mod, so I'm a little afraid of it. I actually take the battery out of it when I'm done, in case I somehow let it fall and fire by itself if the button gets pressed. And I was concerned about venting, but it does have 2 tiny holes underneath the connector, so hopefully those help some. I tried blowing into the battery compartment, and air does in fact come out of those holes, so that's good.

I used the 510 connector and put on my new Nautilus Mini, and the stem does protrude a bit (you can see some of the 2nd o-ring), but not enough to bother me or want to cut the stem, in case I wanna use it on some other tank. I really like the device a lot! I'd love one of the wood ones someday, but thought since I'm using an e-device I might as well go all-out tech and get silver. I love the look. And I feel all smart and stuff.....when I use it, I use the word "whilst", and I spout off random trivia about things I could care less about. :D

Attachments

• k1000-clone-naut-mini.jpg
    k1000-clone-naut-mini.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 330
I'm after some advice on the Kamry K1000 e-pipe if I may?

I currently use 2 setups, the bog standard Kamry and also Vision spinner with an Aspire CE5-s tank. Using the spinner and the Aspire tank I get a good vape and a decent throat hit which I like but using the Kamry I only get the vape and not the hit. Is there any kit I can use to improve the throat hit whilst using the Kamry pipe at all?

I know the spinner is a variable voltage battery but I generally use it on 3.8v anyway, the Kamry has a 3.7v battery. Would it be a case of trying a higher voltage battery in the Kamry or getting a different tank for it?

Cheers

Hey guys. I've had my k1000 for a couple weeks and have a nautilus mini on order to arrive in a couple days.

Thing is I can't get the 510 ego? Adapter off of the stock tank.. I see pics of the pipe disassembled and the connector is clearly removable but mine won't come off and I'm no weakling lol even used some rubber cloth for a good grip. I wanted to see if there's a trick to it before I start using tools lol :/

Thanks in advance.

y3ujumah.jpg

That whole center pin fell out, im getting ready to buy a replacement bowl from ebay..... But im nervous.

The batteries themselves were the kamry batts that came with the kit, and I'm using them in my innokin mods with no issues. But maybe I'll get him some aw's.

And just to be clear every one is saying to put the battery in positive side towards the spiral spring? Is that correct?
Been doing a lot of reading. With conflicting info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought one for my dad, i think it lasted a month, the rubber piece that is in the 510 connector came loose and i guess fried the wires. I am soo upset. He only used it a dozen times maybe.
He was at my house using it and it felt really hot, so i took everything apart and when i took off the tank that oring fell out. And it wouldn't stay back in.

Im torn on buying him another one.
Is this a common problem?

My genuine k1000 lasted about 1 week due to that little center pin grommet.. It appeared to be an o ring because the rubber sleeve split apart from it. It appears to be a very cheaply made rubber.. Almost like that hard crusty rubber that flakes if you pick it.. Totally useless...

So.. After many hours of reading others attempts to fix the k1000. Some drilled out the internals, some disassembled the wiring and rigged up a washer to replace the spring.. I've rebuilt this damn thing 3 times now.. Finally think 3rd times the charm. I will explain as best I can answer attach a few pictures for anyone wanting to revive their shorted out Kamry :D

259wgp5.jpg

So to get this thing apart all you need to do is get your finger nails or something around the center pin on the part that you screw your tank onto. Just give it a pull and it will come out with a wire attached. Just bend it until it snaps off the wire and put it aside. Then with some pliers give the spring or the white plastic grommet a yank and that will pop right out.

So now you should have the empty body (the threaded aluminum? Insert can stay in..) so now you'll want a piece of wire long enough to thread it through the center pin hole and up through the battery compartment like in the picture. Make SURE the white grommet is facing the right side up and over your wire like in the pic because that's the end that your going to re-solder to the bottom of the spring which then will sit in the grommet.

Ok so your going to solder that top end of wire to the spring. I soldered mine to the second spring rung from the bottom so it won't break hopefully after lots of button pressing. Try and solder it straight so the joint won't need to bend once you start yanking on the other end of the wire. Now the spring will pop right into the plastic grommet groove and you can pull the wire coming out of the center pin hole until the spring/grommet fall down in the body. Then I just used my finger to pop the grommet in place. It will click and be locked in somewhat snug. Use the back of a pen if your fingers are to big. I used a small finger lol

Okay now... IF your little white rubber piece is intact in that little center pin hole.. Great.. Make sure it's not cracked or split.. This will cause another short if the pin is touching that connector. My little rubber thing split and became useless... Where to get another one of these rubber things.. Probably nowhere lol...

Sooo after a few days of scratching my head and trying various tape methods to replace that rubber piece with no success... All the tape would get cut and make connection when tank was screwed on. I was looking at one of my old coils out of my kanger evod2 and noticed what I thought was a tiny oring on the bottom.. Took it apart and it was actually a little grommet! a near perfect fit into the hole!

I'll put a picture of this below here you can see the coil and white rubber part I salvaged from it on the black tape. You'll notice how snug it fits on my reassembled pipe body next to it. But basically all you need to do is take that center pin you snaped off the wire. First slide the new grommet (if your needs replacing) over the wire with the thicker side facing to the outside over the wire. Now solder that center pin back onto the wire nice and straight and wrap up any exposed wire below the pin with some electric tape. now carefully slip the rubber grommet up the wire and over the pin so that the rim of the grommet is just behind the lip on the pin. Slowly push the grommet covered pin into the hole and I had to poke the wire inside so that it didn't pop into the battery chamber to much and your done!! It should look like mine in the pic below.. So far this is working like a champ!

Remember your pin can't make contact with the metal connector.. Inspect the rim of the grommet make sure it's sammiched in between the metals and it should work!.

28i194p.jpg

Also keep in mind the spring in these k1000's are hot springs so when the pipe shorts out the spring will melt when it reaches a certain temperature in order to break the connection so you don't have a battery fire or explosion.. If you notice the button getting hot.. Unscrew asap and pop the battery out.. I've had to do this a few times while experimenting but haven't melted the spring yet.. Lol if this happens I'm not sure where you can find a new one.. I wouldn't use a regular spring though incase you have a short.

Hope this helps anyone looking to fix their pipe! FYI I had no experience with electrical soldering before this project.. Don't let it scare ya away.. A soldering iron and solder is like $10 and a local vape shop will sell the kanger evod2 coils.. (not rebuildable ones but the regular coils) if you need that rubber piece. They may even have some old garbage ones around :)

Also to clear things up about the battery.. I bought my Kamry a couple weeks ago so maybe they changed something.. Really it shouldn't matter if the battery is up or down but I've tried putting them in positive down and mine won't fire at all unless it's positive up.. Not sure why but hope that helps clear any confusion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread