Kamry Micro - a good successor to the eRoll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilhelmsure

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
west midlands
Just ordered a kamri based on this thread, and I got some of the new clearos and atomizers in case the cassiel comes with the old style. I need a small vape for work that I don't need to worry about too much and this seems to fit the bill. I used to have an eroll and I remember liking it a lot but it did get hot as hell, enough to strip the paint, and leaked a bit.

I also considered the Vapeonly Malle and emini duo, but I don't really like their PCCs to be honest. If the emini duo had a sliding case like the emili though I think I would have gotten it, even though it is really too expensive for what it is (a device called the duo with two ecig slots only comes with one fully assembled ecig!). I wish there was more innovation in cigalikes, vaping is all about big mods now and I think it's a shame these things get left behind and disregarded as only stepping stones for new vapers. It's also a shame most PCC's are either ugly as hell or the better cigalikes just don't have one.

Oh, and I got my cassiel kit from gearbest btw. They have the white one in stock. They have both colours on aliexpress but didn't want to wait longer for the shipping.

Do you know if you could swap the batteries out for anything else? It's just I read you can't buy the batteries that charge in the cassiel separately, so if they burn out I'd have to buy a whole new device (admittedly really cheap but still). I'm also wondering if any other ecigs would work in the cassiel. The PCC is what really sold me on this to be honest.

Last edited:

xxxxx

Mar 5, 2017
My cassiel from everbuying turned up last week (8 days after order).
Bit shorter than an iphone,but chunkier. Very light.
Looks like it was styled after the iqos boxes
One charge saw it last almost two days but I'm a pretty light vaper.
The old style clearos work fine on the new batteries. Haven't tried the new clearos yet, never had a problem with the old ones
Will probably pick up a black one when they appear again.
I'm extremely pleased with the set up and I hope it stays on the market for a long while

wilhelmsure

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
west midlands
Received my Kamry yesterday, vaped it most of the day and used it at work. In terms of form it is exactly what I want. The PCC feels good, and the ecigs feel pretty good, although I dislike the huge branding, tank design and pearlescent finish personally. The flavour on it seems to be quite poor though, I can see myself sticking to unflavoured or maybe just menthol. I will experiment more with the kamry using different juices to see what I can do i terms of flavour before I give up. I do wish it was more powerful too because I want more vapour and a little warmth, I find myself puffing on it until the battery cuts out, but I guess there isn't much that can be done without larger batteries. I will continue using it but at this point I am unsure if it will be able to fully satisfy me.

Also, I did get some spitback off both tanks and quite a few drops of juice flew out when I shook it to get the airhole clear, so that's not good. Also, I'm finding a thin film of e liquid gathers on the window of the tanks. Obviously not a good fit on that, pretty poor.

One other thing, my co-workers were very interested in the kamry. It's the formfactor. I wish more innovation came from this style of device because it is the perfect form for a vape and the people who are hesitant to switch would find it so much more appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10x sugar

Deamo

Aug 1, 2015
Another problem i have... After 1-2 months use, the pcc isn't charging the battery of the micros anymore...
This is the 3th battery wich stopped working like that. Has anyone encountered the same problem ?

If i put those "stopped working" batterys into my eleaf charger it's working fine. Tried those battery on different slots and different cassiels but no chance :(.

orior

Aug 2, 2016
So, did I understand correctly? The kamry micro doesn't fit the cassiel PCC?
If that is the case then it's useless, and surely not a substitute for the eroll, even if it functually as good. I won't buy a whole kit every time the ecig battery drains completely.

I hate Joyetech so much for discontinuing the eroll and its replacement the eroll-c, without even making some substitute for them. They are only making millions of useless big vapes now, I hope they will fail with all of them.
I wrote them about the eroll few times, but they just won't answer why the don't at least keep some replacement batteries in the market, or develop some new cigalike to replace it.

I still have the mega PCC and something like 10 eroll batteries left. I'm being really cheap now with eroll usage, I use it only for when I'm out, and at home I use ecabs, which they also discontinued, but at least with the ecabs I'm not depended on them - I can buy 10440 batteries not branded by them.

It seems there is no solution to the eroll issue. All the cigalikes I see in the market are expensive solutions with non-fillable cartridges or no replacement batteries offered for purchase.

I hate the vaping market so much now. Gazillion of big boxes and not one refillable cigalike with batteries for replacement. so idiotic.

Deamo

Aug 1, 2015
So, did I understand correctly? The kamry micro doesn't fit the cassiel PCC?
If that is the case then it's useless, and surely not a substitute for the eroll, even if it functually as good. I won't buy a whole kit every time the ecig battery drains completely.

Yeah i think the same... :(
I bought replacement from Aliexpress but those doesn't have connections at the bottom, but on the top. So you have to remove the batterie from the micro and screw it on the enclosed charger. This way it don't work in the pcc.
I don't know if there exist another seller with the right micros.

It's too bad. I couldn't find another good working alternative for the eroll so far.
But if all batteries dying within 1 month it's not worth it in my opinion.

Atm im using eleaf icare again. I don't really like the formfactor, but it's small, and together with the pcc it holds a day easy.
But it's not looking good or easy to hold it in the mouth for a while...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread