Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm guessing they didn't do their research very well... Its shocking the 2nd time around with something like this was a failure as well!! :shock:

The VVPV from NotCigs...complete failure...
c735e440c1688da73f05f4c10b069aae.jpg

LuvMyJuice

Feb 18, 2017
Patience, my friends! I modified my DripeEZ buy cutting the nut on the atomizer tube connection and shortening the tube stem it connects to. Built some 24 gauge Ni coils and made it a dual coil. It won't push a big Clapton coil. Sheesh. Now it's a beast at 80 watts. No shorting. Also cut half the tube shorter so it doesn't hang up.

But i'm a machinist and tinker with all my mods. The EZ was cool to show my vape buddies as I think the stainless version looks BADASS. IMHO of course.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Well, it came in and, after a few days if use, I have to say – it’s not that bad! Now, this is not what I call a well-designed mod nor is it a mod that will ever be one of my favorites, but it does have its moments.

It didn’t start off on a good note. I tried the included build and it was less than impressive – lackluster performance even at the max wattage (80 watts) and a bit spitty regardless of how it is wicked. I’m also not a fan of the finger-tighten style two post design.

But since the deck is a threaded insert, it is compatible with the Dripbox decks. I swapped it out for the two post Velocity style build deck, put in a simple dual coil build (24g round wire, 2.5mm, 0.3 ohms) and not a bad vape! Nice amount of airflow and pretty flavorful. Although the cap only has a single airflow slot, it’s wide enough to support a dual coil build when positioned facing the front post. The juice port is then positioned so that juice hits both wicks. Two (occasionally three) pumps every so often worked great to keep things nice and saturated.

So far I’ve run about 30mls of juice through the setup and have had zero leaking and no instances of the hose popping off.

There remain a significant number of irritating issues. The fire button that has a ridiculous amount of rattle plus is positioned in a way that is awkward to use. The battery door has play to it and has weak magnets. The bottle is held in so tightly that you really have to yank on it to get it to come out. The feed tube does not reach the bottom of the bottle, so it won’t run until the bottle is empty. And the stainless steel finish, while it looks nice, shows each and every fingerprint as clear as day.

But at the $30 price point it’s a fun mod to play with. The weight and tubes means this will never leave the house, but for what it is, I’m glad I picked one up.

Reactions: GeorgeS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread