Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Another note on the NoPity atomizer. I have deliberately over-squonked it to the point where you can see juice at the outside juice holes. I've done this several times, and every time a single strong pull will clear them. This seems to be yet another benefit of three small air holes per side (see photo) rather than one or two big ones. As air moves faster through the small holes, clearing is easier and more complete. Several days into the NoPity and still no cons.

View attachment 591633

What kind of build are you running on your NoPity? Received my BF pins from FDV on Wednesday and my NoPity should be in today or tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how this guy performs!

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
What kind of build are you running on your NoPity? Received my BF pins from FDV on Wednesday and my NoPity should be in today or tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how this guy performs!

I was comparing several BF attys so I used a standardized simple build: dual 24g Kanthal 3mm 8-wrap. That was a bit too intense in NoPity, and the coils seemed crowded together in the middle. So I downsized to dual 26g Kanthal 2.5mm 8 wrap (pictured below). This is the build I'm still using and is the basis of the comments I've posted.

IMAG1970_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG1977_picmonkeyed.jpg

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Ok, kind of figured it would only be a matter of time, but I picked up my dripbox only to find that the magnetic plate that holds the bottle in is missing, now I know I am carefull with all my mods, so I think there may be foulplay here:evil: possibley getting knocked of the dresser and put back by someone, anyway looked all around for it, and a replacement and can not find either. looks like tape or something will have to work for now:-x

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok, kind of figured it would only be a matter of time, but I picked up my dripbox only to find that the magnetic plate that holds the bottle in is missing, now I know I am carefull with all my mods, so I think there may be foulplay here:evil: possibley getting knocked of the dresser and put back by someone, anyway looked all around for it, and a replacement and can not find either. looks like tape or something will have to work for now:-x

Do you have a Cat by any Chance?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, but he is 26yrs old and only prowls around when he is hungry. I am more inclined to belive the suspect is a human that does not want to get yelled at, who also thinks all of my stuff should be in the basement. Besides I do not think he would be able to set it back upright like nothing happened.

Could be. But never rule out a Cat's ability to cause Mischief.

Although you do make a Compelling Case that it was the Human who was to Blame.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - You might contact the Company you got your DripBox from (or any other Company that carries the DripBox and has Good customer service) and ask them if they can get you a Replacement Door (or Two!) from their Kanger Rep.

Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I thought of that, or calling that Kangertech number in GA, to see if they have them. They are closed on Sunday, I will try tomorrow. I did not see them on their website though. It still works and so does all the rest of them. but this missing piece is bugging me more that putting a 10,000 piece puzzle together and having the one directly in the center missing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I thought of that, or calling that Kangertech number in GA, to see if they have them. They are closed on Sunday, I will try tomorrow. I did not see them on their website though. It still works and so does all the rest of them. but this missing piece is bugging me more that putting a 10,000 piece puzzle together and having the one directly in the center missing.

I hear you. I am a little Leary of taking my DripBox with my when I go Out-n-About for fear of that door Coming Off.

Another thing you can do if you contact a Retailer is ask if they can pull a door of a Returned DripBox.

Reactions: Clark Kent

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
That's a good deal.I paid the $37.50 for mine,which is still a good price,but $30 is better haha.
I paid $30 for my DB60, so $30 for the DB160 is a great price. For anyone that was on the fence about getting one, this should make it a no-brainer at that price.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I paid $30 for my DB60, so $30 for the DB160 is a great price. For anyone that was on the fence about getting one, this should make it a no-brainer at that price.
I agree.I completely forgot my 60 cost $30,so yeah even at the normal $37.50,you cant beat high wattage vw for $7.50 more,but definitely not at the same price as the unregulated.
I wanted the 160 first,i really wasn't too interested in the 60 watt one,but everyone wanted $60+ for the 160,if i had found it at these prices earlier,i would of gotten it first.I've had mine about 3 weeks now,and really like it.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I knocked my Dripbox 160 off of a bench not even 2 feet off od the ground and the plastic that held the battery door broke. I had just recently put a wrap on it too. So rather than replace it woth another lightly built DB160, I picked up a Movkin Disguiser and the squonk accessory. It seems much more solid than the Dripbox 160.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread