Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I love my DB160, but like many other Kanger mods, the paint and finish is pretty bad. It's a stay at home mod and never been dropped, but the paint was peeling, flaking and cracking, especially around the edges and squonk hole. lol...... squonk hole sounds really bad

I decided to get a wrap for it, I found a white and black wrap since my DB160 is white. The white with black splatter pattern works well since the flaked off places that are exposed blends with the wrap

d1_zpstqg5qcah.jpg
d6_zpsedh8q9o2.jpg

d4_zpsydwqeutd.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I love my DB160, but like many other Kanger mods, the paint and finish is pretty bad. It's a stay at home mod and never been dropped, but the paint was peeling, flaking and cracking, especially around the edges and squonk hole. lol...... squonk hole sounds really bad

I decided to get a wrap for it, I found a white and black wrap since my DB160 is white. The white with black splatter pattern works well since the flaked off places that are exposed blends with the wrap

d1_zpstqg5qcah.jpg
d6_zpsedh8q9o2.jpg

d4_zpsydwqeutd.jpg

Love it! And I almost never like wraps. Got a link?

No Combustion

Oct 1, 2016
This sucks. Get some .... protection while you can! Mine is not worth the save anymore. This is after only one month of daily use!

Plus the weight. Seriously considering Dripbox 2. Or is there any squonker goody with Yihi board lately?

dfdfdea4ce2e2ac54d19f551af449c2d.jpg
Made me look at the bottom of mine and I can see it's starting to do the same thing. Fortunately mine is not as bad, so there's still time to find a solution to that issue. Until then guess I'll put it on a table napkin.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
just wanted to report in on longevity for mine, after 8 months the plastic clip that holds the battery door shut failed and broke completely. never been dropped, never hit on hard surface. but i dont charge my batteries in the mod, so its probably from opening and closing every couple of days to change the batteries.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I keep getting a tiny amount of juice under the magnetic juice door and a little seepage under the battery door.
Looks like juice has seeped in from the top of the mod. Need to open and clean.
Does anybody know what size screwdriver is needed to open the screws?

Torx T5.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Guys please help!

While at another house I used non pure cotton by mistake. Now even though I've replaced the cotton and emptied out and cleaned all the parts, the vape still tastes terribly like the cotton I put in. And is imagine very bad if you inhale a lot of the stuff. How can I fix this? Do I have to buy another dripbox? Thanks.
You can try taking apart the RDA and soaking it in alcohol then give it a good hot bath in soapy water to get the alcohol off. Or better yet if you're using the stock RDA ditch it and buy a better one (almost anything would be an improvement). I'm currently using a bombertech pindad on mine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Dephault

Jul 13, 2017
You can try taking apart the RDA and soaking it in alcohol then give it a good hot bath in soapy water to get the alcohol off. Or better yet if you're using the stock RDA ditch it and buy a better one (almost anything would be an improvement). I'm currently using a bombertech pindad on mine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Hey it worked thanks a ton!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have a Lost Vape Drone w/ a modified Elite V2 on it. It is my everyday carry setup. I wanted to get my son a squonk setup to see if he likes it so I picked up a Dripbox 160 and a Goon. I also got a Dripbox to play with. If he likes it I'll get him a setup like mine. I hope this thing is not a piece of junk.
I have the stainless, it's not a bad starter. Not nearly as efficient/accurate as the drone but decent. Much smaller capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread