Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Ive been using the pulse22 on a Reo but threw it on the DB160 and wow. It makes the atty come alive and just a single coil helps with the battery life even though Im running 100 watts. TC doesnt work as well as a DNA200 mod but what do you expect from a mod that costs 1/4 the price?

Reactions: Jooxster

Donso

May 22, 2015
PANAMA
I liked the Kanger DripBox 160 a lot ! But many RDA´s didn´t work on it...
So thats why I bougth the Lost Vape Drone BF with a spring loaded 510 conection.
DNA Chip and up to 167watts... (which I never use...)
With that one you can put anything.. I love it. A great Squonk Mod
My favorite setup at the moment is tha Drone with the Pulse 24 :) Greetings to all vapers!

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I love my Dripbox 160, only thing I don't like is only being able to use my pulse 22 on it because everything else overhangs....lol!! Hopefully someone will come out with an affordable dual battery regulated squonk mod soon that will fit 24 & 25mm atties. Not saying the pulse is bad cause I love it, just like my other atties more but can't stand the overhang.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadtrip635

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Well I've come to the conclusion tc is garbage on these.

Same here. Tried nickel, it was crap, gonna try SS.

And when the battery meter hits one bar left, the batteries are at 3.7 volts and you can keep vaping for quite some time.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I've been annoyingly swapping my batteries out too early.

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
It's still on my desk as a backup/home mod casually. Too heavy and bulky to take out without a pain in the pocket ;p

Other than that, it's very ugly now, because of the paint peeling. I regret having not bought a white one, because all my previous Kanger product in white paint held up much better than the "stainless" ones, ironically.

As for the compatibility, the positive contact is "adjustable" in a sense, if you find it too low for your RDA, open it up and push it up; if it's too low for your RDA, keep screwing, and it'll be pushed down.

Donso

May 22, 2015
PANAMA
It's still on my desk as a backup/home mod casually. Too heavy and bulky to take out without a pain in the pocket ;p

Other than that, it's very ugly now, because of the paint peeling. I regret having not bought a white one, because all my previous Kanger product in white paint held up much better than the "stainless" ones, ironically.

As for the compatibility, the positive contact is "adjustable" in a sense, if you find it too low for your RDA, open it up and push it up; if it's too low for your RDA, keep screwing, and it'll be pushed down.
Hi, I have that problem that some RDA´s don´t make contact with the Dripbox. You write that you open it up and you push it up. How Do you do it?

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
Hi, I have that problem that some RDA´s don´t make contact with the Dripbox. You write that you open it up and you push it up. How Do you do it?
I literally opened it up and pushed the contact up.

To open it up, unscrew the two side screws (the two hex that are deep in the hole at the side of the mod) and two Philips screw at the bottom under the drip bottle cap, then slide the half of the mod for the battery compartment down, and the inner components are exposed.

You'll see a pin connected to the tube for eliquid, just push on that pin upward using a screw driver or preferably something softer. I remember pushing on the "white washer" and the pin moved with it. It's probably the insulator but I can't remember.

Basically, once you open it up you naturally get an idea of what to do =) don't worry, I did this not knowing what I was doing lol. You won't break anything, it's a simple design and simple job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Donso

May 22, 2015
PANAMA
Oh no, I can't guarantee you won't break anything, but there's really no need to worry ;)

It worked out!!!! Thanks a lot ! :) I never thought there would be a solution! I´ve got so many RDA´s
that didn´t connect before... (especially many "velocity clones" :w00t: )
Again, thank you very much. Now I enjoy my Dripbox again !!!

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
It worked out!!!! Thanks a lot ! :) I never thought there would be a solution! I´ve got so many RDA´s
that didn´t connect before... (especially many "velocity clones" :w00t: )
Again, thank you very much. Now I enjoy my Dripbox again !!!
You're welcome! I also had a velocity clone (only RDA at the time) so I had to do this. Enjoy!

Reactions: jifjifjif

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
This is my first squonk mod and I'm really enjoying not having to drip all the time. I started with it about a month ago and was using it with my Tsunami 24 and it's been great except for the occasional over-squonk. I just got a Dead Rabbit and what a difference! Having an RDA with air flow that is higher makes squonking even more enjoyable. This thing holds a ton of juice.

Anyone got any recommendations for a squonk mod that is smaller? I like the Dripbox but it's a bit too bulky to take out and about. I'm ready to try out mechs and I really like the looks of some of these new squonk box mods like the Pulse and the Athena. I especially like the fact that the Pulse can run on a 18650 or 20700. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Reactions: brianc11111

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
This is my first squonk mod and I'm really enjoying not having to drip all the time. I started with it about a month ago and was using it with my Tsunami 24 and it's been great except for the occasional over-squonk. I just got a Dead Rabbit and what a difference! Having an RDA with air flow that is higher makes squonking even more enjoyable. This thing holds a ton of juice.

Anyone got any recommendations for a squonk mod that is smaller? I like the Dripbox but it's a bit too bulky to take out and about. I'm ready to try out mechs and I really like the looks of some of these new squonk box mods like the Pulse and the Athena. I especially like the fact that the Pulse can run on a 18650 or 20700. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I preordered a capo squonk, regulated and 20700.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

The Pulse is a good choice, I have one on order. They begin shipping on the 15th I believe.

If you want a regulated mod, I would check out the VT Inbox. I have 2 and it is my go to squonk box. Small with a DNA 75 board, you cannot go wrong.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
The Pulse is a good choice, I have one on order. They begin shipping on the 15th I believe.

If you want a regulated mod, I would check out the VT Inbox. I have 2 and it is my go to squonk box. Small with a DNA 75 board, you cannot go wrong.

Many thanks for the info. Nice to hear the opinion of someone who wasn't sent a device for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread