Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Kanger eVod Battery Recall

Today there was a message posted on a few blogs and websites pertaining to a recall from Kanger on eVod batteries, and it has spread like wildfire across the vaping community.

As of right now 07/18/2013 9:55PM EST I do not yet have full confirmation of the eVod recall that has been reported, I will be posting the information in this thread as I get it from Kanger. I am sure they are being swamped with requests and will send out details very soon.

I will most likely know all the details sometime tomorrow, Friday 07/19/2013

Please do NOT post in this thread until all the Recall details have been posted so we can keep this thread clear of anything other than recall information. If and when a recall notice is posted from DiscountVapers I will post all the pertaining information here.

Also, please do not email me in the meantime, you will only get a copy/paste response as I have been overwhelmed with email about this issue. I assure you I am taking it seriously, I just do not have the actual time to respond to every person, personally.

Once I find out official Kanger information on what batteries, what batches or any other information I will post it here.

For now, if you have an eVod battery purchased from DiscountVapers it is advised that you do not use it any longer or charge it just to be safe.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Update:

No eVod batteries are affected by Kangers Recall! If you have purchased eVods from DiscountVapoers you have safe batteries and there is no cause for concern or return.

http://szkanger.com/newshow.asp?nid=15

Officially posted on Kangers website:

To all KangerTech customers:

KangerTech is voluntarily recalling all EVOD batteries purchased through Heaven Gifts, that were supplied between the end of March and beginning of April. While only a few batteries may be affected, we are recalling the entire batch of 6000 EVOD batteries.

We were recently made aware of an issue with an EVOD battery sold through Haven Gifts, an official KangerTech distributor. After extensive research, we found a potential issue with the internal cell used in the manufacturing of the EVOD, which could fail during the charging of the battery. These EVOD batteries were manufactured between the end of March to early April, and were only distributed to Heaven Gifts.

KangerTech takes its customers safety very seriously, and is working with Heaven Gifts to recall and replace all of the EVOD batteries that may have this issue. While we recognize the inconvenience recalls cause our customers, we are taking these actions on their behalf to help ensure their safety.

EVOD batteries sold directly through KangerTech, and other authorized resellers, are not affected in this recall, and are safe to use. If there are any questions regarding the safety of your EVOD battery, please feel free to contact your place of purchase, or KangerTech directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread