Kanger EVOD Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllieDixon

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
Keep seeing different lengths for the eVod battery.. can someone confirm if this is correct? Found this from a UK site:

eVod 650mAh - 69mm
eVod 900mAh - 83mm
eVod 1000mAh - 94mm

Discount Vapers says the 650mah is 80mm, Stormy's Vapor Cellar says the 1000mah is 75mm... which is right??
Would also like to know how long the 1000mah is :)

OllieDixon

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
from kanger's site:

Capacity: 650mAh 900mAh 1100mAh
Battery length: 76mm 99mm 102mm
Battery diameter: 15mm
Switch: 5 times click to turn on/off

Kanger ego battery – KangerTech

Those don't look anything like the eVod at most stores. Also all the eVods i see for sale are 1000mah not 1100mah. So, i think those may be different.

I went around to a ton of sites. They all vary slightly. I believe the length of eVod 1000mAh battery (not including the threads) is around 94mm. Or about the size of an ego twist 650.

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
I got my baby in yesterday (baby being my evod 650)

View attachment 207347

That pretty little red baby in the middle, that's my new Evod battery. She's lovely isn't she? lol The pretty purple one to the left is a Spinner 1300 with a purple evod on it. The black boy in the back is a Spinner 1300 with my protank on it. In front of my purple is the iclear 16 that I also like when I want a warm, easy vape. The silver one on the right is my very first, an Ego-T 1100, no VV but still works good ;)

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Pretty good deal here - 2 batts, evod, 7 coils, charger, wall plug - $34.99

eVod Starter Kit by KangerTech

That's a steal right there.

It may just be tempting enough for me to order one. That'd give me quite the quiver of devices: 3 gogos w/tanks, three evods with tanks, and an orion... If I could vape for two weeks straight and not have to charge anything lol.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Those don't look anything like the eVod at most stores. Also all the eVods i see for sale are 1000mah not 1100mah. So, i think those may be different.

I went around to a ton of sites. They all vary slightly. I believe the length of eVod 1000mAh battery (not including the threads) is around 94mm. Or about the size of an ego twist 650.

You're right Ollie. wrong link .... never seen those - perhaps newer with the button in the right place :facepalm: :laugh:

Here's the evod - only in 650 on the site - 75mm:

Kanger E-vod battery – KangerTech

I imagine there are already knockoffs.....

GayleMarie

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Northern California
I just received my purple and magenta, beautiful, powerful, and love the flush silver button. I never varied my VV. Always best at 3.7. This is lightweight in comparison. The only thing I would change is the tank window, slightly wider window so old folks can see exactly whats left. If your wondering, 'should I, or shouldn't I?' " You should. I purchased at Sweet-Vapes. Super fast, stellar customer service.

Jessamine

Dec 1, 2011
Australia
I agree with the already posted positive reviews. I had already ordered some kanger MT3 tanks and had lots of changeable coils for them so I stuck with them and got some evod batteries in matching colours. My purple evod is my most picked up batt right now, although initially the flush button was difficult to get used to I have the hang of it now :)

regulated means it should work AT that voltage.
So, if you have an unregulated battery, the voltage would change
depending on the load (ohms of the carto) and how much charge the battery has left.

If the charge on the battery goes too low, it will cut-off instead of working at 3.1 volts
and if it has a good charge, and you are using a 3.0 ohm carto, it will work at 3.7v
instead of 4.0v that an old Ego batt might work at.

Supposedly this will save the battery from too much stress, trying to use it
(putting a load on it), when the charge is low.This can make the battery fail prematurely.
BUT, its actually better to letthe battery drain fully before re-charging.
They can get a "memory effect".

This was supposedly fixed in the new lithium ion bats, but i am not totally convinced of that.
Memory effect now also found in lithium-ion batteries

I worked as an electronic technician for 10 years
and an RF engineer for another 8 after that.

---------------------------------------
I'm not sure what 'regulated at 3.7v' really means. On the eGo-c upgrade - the voltage is regulated at 3.3-3.4V and the result is, the battery lasts longer in that regulated mode than in the unregulated mode - that makes sense since the higher voltages would tend to take the charge down... so if the Kanger is 'regulated' at 3.7v, then I don't really see how cropping off the 4.1 volt off the charger - which doesn't last that long, is really going to get you any more real time ... and also does it cut off when the normal cycle would go to 3.6, etc. down to 3.2v before it stops? Maybe some of our battery wizards can explain better.

eVod by Kanger Review

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
depending on the load (ohms of the carto) and how much charge the battery has left.

If the charge on the battery goes too low, it will cut-off instead of working at 3.1 volts
and if it has a good charge, and you are using a 3.0 ohm carto, it will work at 3.7v

(putting a load on it), when the charge is low.This can make the battery fail prematurely.

This was supposedly fixed in the new lithium ion bats, but i am not totally convinced of that.

Brad.... I do know what 'regulated' means. What I didn't get is what the 'regulated at 3.7V' means. In order to regulate a battery, you have to have enough 'overhead' to be able to do that - like in the case of the regulated eGo - you have an unregulated curve from about 4.1 to 3.2v in order regulate at a more constant voltage, but it has to be somewhere below the main part of the curve in order to gain anything. But as I pointed out cropping the off the charge voltage of 4.1v to get a 'regulated 3.7v' doesn't get you much, since that 4.1V goes pretty quickly to 3.6-3.7v for most of the curve. No eGo, old or new, gets 4.0V except for virtually a few minutes at most, right off the charger. In either case, we're still working with a "3.7V" batt. IF you had, say, a 4.5V batt, then I could see how one might achieve what is meant by a "3.7v regulated" battery, but not with a regular 3.7V batt.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

wow im surprised to hear of the memory effect affecting lithium batts. i thought that was only for the older chemistry nickel batteries. battery university needs to update themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread