Kanger EVOD Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
LR (at same voltage) is a warmer vape. It seems like it's 'misworded' - lower resistance should be less friction, less heat, but that's not the case. 2.2 ohm runs cooler than the 1.8 ohm coil. If 1.8 ohm on the batt is 'perfect', you might want to hold off on VV.
The lower resistance lets more current through. The power (or heat) is current squared times resistance, so there is more heat. Current squared is the important factor.

Volts 3.70 3.70 3.70 3.70
Resistance 3.00 2.40 2.20 2.00
Current = 1.23 1.54 1.68 1.85
Watts = 4.56 5.70 6.22 6.85​

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I use evod vv 1000, got problem when i want to connect my pro tank 2 with standard treaded base. The coil head seems cannot reach the battery connector (i use beauty ring too). But if use air flow control valve, theres no issue. Any comment?

Looks like an obvious case where the center on the batt and PT2 don't connect but where the airflow control likely reaches both. If you want to vape without the air controller, I suggest the 'circuit board spacer' from madvapes - that's the best solution, imo and you can leave it on the batt - it fits snug enough to where it won't fall out and also good for charging - otherwise you'll be prying up the center posts of either the battery or the clearo every time you disconnect to charge. You could try pulling the center post in the protank - it's safer than doing it with the batt - needle nose pliers and easy does it.

Looks like an obvious case where the center on the batt and PT2 don't connect but where the airflow control likely reaches both. If you want to vape without the air controller, I suggest the 'circuit board spacer' from madvapes - that's the best solution, imo and you can leave it on the batt - it fits snug enough to where it won't fall out and also good for charging - otherwise you'll be prying up the center posts of either the battery or the clearo every time you disconnect to charge. You could try pulling the center post in the protank - it's safer than doing it with the batt - needle nose pliers and easy does it.

Thanks for your info, I will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread