ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Look over the thread above, if it sounds like your issue, and it does, post questions there. There is also a very fine balance of wick material for the to work well. I use 4 strands 1 millimeter silica with a notched cup seal. The passages need to be lightly filled. I made a vid of the insides if you want to see its very short.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...50-easy-rewicking-t3-cotton-string-video.html

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Anyone else been having this issue? I'm pretty new at these tanks systems, just got 2 ego twists, a Kanger EVOD, and a Vision Clearomizer 2.0 in recently. The Vision one has been working fine but I seam to be losing a lot of juice blowing out the Kanger. It gurgles very easily and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing. Jeremy I'm not sure that your link applies since the EVOD appears to have the mouthpiece connected to the tank with no way of removing it.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2013
    New Mexico
    Forgot about THAT! I would say that's the problem. When I 1st got mine I unscrewed the head to check it out naturally, then screwed it back on snugly.

Is the removable atomizer head screwed tightly onto the base? Do you see the wicks protruding slightly from each side, and are there any gaps? Is the metal retaining post (which holds the silicone seal cup) pushed all the way in?

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Is the removable atomizer head screwed tightly onto the base? Do you see the wicks protruding slightly from each side, and are there any gaps? Is the metal retaining post (which holds the silicone seal cup) pushed all the way in?

Atomizer head is screwed on tight, wicks are protruding at each side. I don't know what you mean by gaps. When you say is the metal retaining post pushed in all the way would I just push the bottom pin at the end that connects to the battery to check it? I pushed on it and it doesn't go in any farther. Still having issues, feel like I'm losing a lot of juice out of this thing. I'm going to double check all the other things I just said when I go to fill it tomorrow.

I really like these when they're working, tastes much better than my vision clearo. Hope I can get this to stop gurgling/losing juice so I can justify ordering more of them.

tencars

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    Tennessee, USA
    The wife and I have been thru 7 of the T3's and at first they work great no matter what the level of juice. After about the 3rd filling they begin to flood "a lot". We cleaned them, blew them out, cleaned again check the wicks etc, etc. They just never worked for us very long. Ordered new refills thinking it would help but, just $$ down the drain for us. One day last month we got our new VIVI Nova's and wow the difference. We tried our best to get the T3 Kanger to work, just won't vape for us.. Loving the VIVI's!

Harplayr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2012
    Florida
    First of all guys the EVOD is NOT a T3. While it looks similar and is also made by Kanger, it useses a completly different coil/base. At about 1.5ml it also holds about half of what the T3 holds. So let's stick to discussing the item that this thread is about.

I have several EVODS and all have been working flawlessly with no gurgling or leaks. The advice to check that the coil assembly is fully screwed into the base assembly is a good thing to check. Also check that the center tube is fully inserted into the coil assembly and that the wicks are fluffed and the silicone cap is inserted properly so it is just touching the wicks.

If everything is assembled properly then you may just have a defective coil/base assembly or the wicks are not seated properly.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Also check that the center tube is fully inserted into the coil assembly and that the wicks are fluffed and the silicone cap is inserted properly so it is just touching the wicks.

Thanks Harplayr. This is the only part that I'm not getting. If the center tube wasn't fully inserted into the coil assembly how would I even know? You can't really see through these and to check this you'd have to have the bottom base on it. Might try to clean it and start over, see if that works.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2012
    Florida
    Thanks Harplayr. This is the only part that I'm not getting. If the center tube wasn't fully inserted into the coil assembly how would I even know? You can't really see through these and to check this you'd have to have the bottom base on it. Might try to clean it and start over, see if that works.
    When you remove the silicone cap from the post you are able to pull the post away from the base to expose the coil and wicks. This is the post I was talking about. See the picture below on the right side...

DSC_0562-1024x732.jpg

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Awesome, thanks I wasn't pulling the silicone off. Just put the whole thing back together and I may have found the issue. One of the o-rings was kind of hanging out of it's seat, I pushed it back in with tweezers. Hopefully this was my issue, I'll post again if it wasn't and try what you just suggested.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2012
    Florida
    Awesome, thanks I wasn't pulling the silicone off. Just put the whole thing back together and I may have found the issue. One of the o-rings was kind of hanging out of it's seat, I pushed it back in with tweezers. Hopefully this was my issue, I'll post again if it wasn't and try what you just suggested.
    Great!
    I hope it works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread