kanger evod bcc carto gurgling/flooding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
Awesome, thanks I wasn't pulling the silicone off. Just put the whole thing back together and I may have found the issue. One of the o-rings was kind of hanging out of it's seat, I pushed it back in with tweezers. Hopefully this was my issue, I'll post again if it wasn't and try what you just suggested.

I'd like to know if that was your problem. I have one evod and I have the same problem. I thought I found the solution earlier when I found out the head wasn't screwed in tightly when I received it. Tightened it up but it still floods once it gets about half way.

I have since ordered two more and I'm going to try them when they get in. I was going to just get replacement heads but I had a hard time finding the heads in stock.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
I got 2 more evods in and they are both working fine. I went back to my first one and looked at the head. I noticed one wick was shorter than the rest so I pulled the center post. I pulled the top two wicks off with tweezers (love my Swiss Army knife!) and could see that the coil was twisted so the wick didn't line up with the slots. The wick made an "S". Since the wick was entering the slot at an angle it didn't completely fill it. I twisted the coil back towards the slot, not too much because I didn't know if it should turn or not, and lined up the wick with the slots better. I've run an almost complete tank full and it hasn't flooded yet.

It looks like they might have assembly issues with the Kanger products. It might be best to fully inspect each piece or just go ahead and reassemble it yourself before using and all will be well.

I have 2 EVODs. The first one out of the package I had absolutely no issue with and used it for about a month. Last night, I started getting a hard pull through it. So, I took the other EVOD out of the packaging and filled it. I immediately had the same problem as described. One thing that I noticed was a regular occurrence of air bubbles could be seen in the tank. Then, BAM, mouth full of fluid (Yeah, that sucked). I'll check the seals on mine.

Good question though for other newer users... Does anyone have any cleaning and care tips or tricks?

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
I'm a noob. I bought my first PV this past Saturday. I use the ego-c twist with a Kanger eVod with a 50/50 blend. The sales guy at the hop filled it for me the first time and it worked great. I filled it once and ran qtip down the center hole to make sure no juice got in there. Now it has a popping type sound when I draw on it :( . I drew lightly and it popped less but stilled popped. Could it be a bad atomizer?

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
I'm a noob. I bought my first PV this past Saturday. I use the ego-c twist with a Kanger eVod with a 50/50 blend. The sales guy at the hop filled it for me the first time and it worked great. I filled it once and ran qtip down the center hole to make sure no juice got in there. Now it has a popping type sound when I draw on it :( . I drew lightly and it popped less but stilled popped. Could it be a bad atomizer?

eVods and other BCCs I've used gurgle and pop (flood) when the fluid level gets low. It doesn't 'look' too low, but check if its down near the bottom of the window.
A twist and an eVod, btw, is the best rig I've used even since I've moved up to bigger stuff.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
eVods and other BCCs I've used gurgle and pop (flood) when the fluid level gets low. It doesn't 'look' too low, but check if its down near the bottom of the window.
A twist and an eVod, btw, is the best rig I've used even since I've moved up to bigger stuff.

I love my Twist and eVod so much that 2 days ago I bought a Protank II. I really like the bigger tank and that it uses the same atomizer. I'm also really liking the changeable tip.

Glad to know girgling and popping isn't anything to worry about. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread