kanger evod help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel_logan

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tahlequah OKlahoma
i recently bought two kanger evods to go on my ego mini 450 and my ego 900. i also bought a 5 pack of the 2.2ohm coil heads.
i noticed that after a full day of vaping on one of the evods that i wasnt getting any "smoke" when i would take a draw from my ecig. any ideas why?

i am also curious how do you know when to change the coil heads on them will there be a bad taste or is the no "smoke" a sign that it needs replaced? i had a ce4 clearomizer before and it used a big wick that was fed out from the top of the tank i was going through one of those in about a week and a half. about how long can i expect a evod coil to last?

thanks Logan

1awesomelawson

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
SC
Woo! I finally joined the forums (instead of lurking) so I could respond to this. I LOVE the EVODs.

When your battery flashes three times, it needs to be charged. We have also found that the coil, which is in the base (the part you take off to fill the tank) needs to be screwed in there pretty tight.

The coils should last for approximately 2 weeks before being changed out. You should know when things taste burnt. I haven't had to change mine yet but I have three tanks that I change between.

Also, make sure that the tank is filled above the halfway point for best results. Once it dips below that, it's likely you'll start getting gurgling and liquid in your mouth.

Hope this helps!

Bintmartin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota, USA
I have a fairly new EVOD battery that suddenly stopped working. The button lights when pressed but I get no vapor. I tried the tank on another battery and it worked fine. Also when I put it on the charger the light stays green. With my other battery the light turns red when I put it on the charger. Is it something I can fix or is the battery just a lemon? Thanks.

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
I have had nothing but problems with Evods on Ego batteries, so I just dont use them any more.

some replacement coils last 2 weeks before hard draw others 2 days! they use way too much juice as well.

A coil change can make my Egos fail requiring me to put batteries back on the charger for a short time before they work again, this happened to 3 batteries one after the other when I was away from a charge point.

I thought they were great when i got my first but now they are all in the Vape trash.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
instead of pulling the pin of your battery pull the pin out the bottom of the evod a bit..NOT MUCH little by little till it fires...also to avoid gurgle i change the flavor wick and dry burn my coils and they run like champs...i have used evods for years with my lady and we have luck...except cracking them with diff juices which is my fault...give them a shot and they will love u back

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
instead of pulling the pin of your battery pull the pin out the bottom of the evod a bit..NOT MUCH little by little till it fires...also to avoid gurgle i change the flavor wick and dry burn my coils and they run like champs...i have used evods for years with my lady and we have luck...except cracking them with diff juices which is my fault...give them a shot and they will love u back

I just got one of the new Evod heads and had to do that too. I learned trick with my Vision Vivi Nova heads. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread