Kanger Evod review

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by Vaptor, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vaptor

Vaptor Super Member ECF Veteran

In "theory" the Evod should vape same as the Kanger T3 however I find it not to be the case. My first vape on the Evod reminded me top coil clearo like Stardust etc. It had that familiar rubber/silicon taste in the vapor but not as much. I also noticed much less flavor than the T3 has. After about 5 minutes the Evod started gurgling so badly that I had to and another small wick on top of the two that are all ready there.
    After two tanks the flavor didn't get better and I could still taste the rubber/silicon in my vapor eve tho it diminished slightly.
    Esthetically it is a good looking unit, how ever it's not very easy to see the juice remaining through the window so I would mostly rely on seeing the juice in the clear drip tip which also shows condensation and that looks a bit nasty.
    As oppose to T3, screwing the Evod is more difficult because the base is just smooth chrome which is somewhat slippery.
    Evod is about 1/3 shorter than the T3 but seems to take only half the amount of liquid of T3 (didn't actually measured it) and runs out fairly quickly so it's not as practical as I thought it'll be.
    Conclusion - does not hold enough juice for it's size, problems with flooding, less flavor than T3, slight funky rubber/silicon flavor.
    This is how Evod presents to me, I find T3 much better for my vaping style but this might be different for you so the only real way to find out is to try one.
    By the way I find the T3 base can be used in the Evod but Evod base won't fit the T3.

2. Harplayr

Harplayr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It always amazes me how two people can use the same product and have VERY different results.

For me the EVOD is by far the best clearo I've tried. I get great flavor, no gurgling or performance issues, easy to clean and have used the same head for over 20 fills with just an occasional rinse.

3. pcrdude

pcrdude Super Member ECF Veteran

I have three EVODs and like everything about them (except for the limited capacity).

YMMV

4. telijah

telijah Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm getting rid of two of my three EVODs, keeping the one though as a backup and for quick vaping at home. Like other clearos, I've learned giving them a quick wash before the first use helps remove some of the added "flavors", and them making sure the coil is screwed securely to the base before first use as a lot of them are real loose upon arrival.

5. JoAnnW

JoAnnW Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Another Evod fan here. Love everything about it. I've had no leakage, gurgling or juice coming out of the mouthpiece on refilling. A piece of papertowel rolled into a point gets the condensation out of the mouthpiece. When I notice the juice level gets low, I just refill it. I just wish they came in more colors.

6. telijah

telijah Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Depends on the site you go to. I cannot remember where I got my blue one, but I know Got Vapes has 4 different colors, and the place I got my blue one also had a couple other colors GV did not have.

7. pcrdude

8. Vaptor

Vaptor Super Member ECF Veteran

The Evod I reviewed was 1.8ohm so I don't know if higher resistance would be different in vape but today I vaped 1/2 a day with Evod and 1/2 day with T3 just to compare them again and I still find the T3 smoother and more flavorful. Than I put the T3 2.4ohm base in to the Evod and found the vape more to my taste. Would be interesting to try Evod 2.4+ ohm but I don't have any at the moment.

9. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Recent convert to T3/BCC Tabac/eVod. :)

I find them all very similar in performance and taste. I use them all on my Twist and on regular eGo and Riva batteries. The eVod I got came with a 2.4Ω coil; I prefer 1.8 and 2.2Ω coils, but with a Twist it's not a problem; I up the voltage a bit to get the warmth I want.

As an eGo user, I really appreciate the eGo threading and I like the bottom coil placement; never much cared for the top coils.

10. Katya

Supporting member
    I actually measured the resistance and it was pretty much spot on--2.5Ω.

11. Katya

Supporting member
    What battery are you using? Do you have a vv device?

12. Katya

Supporting member
    How many colors do you want? :)

[​IMG]

13. JoAnnW

Supporting member
    THAT'S IT!! Great to see the other colors! I just saw the post with the link added. Now off to make some additional purchases. :laugh:

14. JoAnnW

Supporting member
  15. pcrdude

Glad to help. I have stainless, blue and black. Love them all!

16. miketreeguy

miketreeguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Everybody loving these evods. Wow. I have tried 4 different heads with mine only to have it dump the juice into my battery after 5-10 pulls. I will clean it and repeat with the same results. I let myself run out of Vivi nova heads and have been forced to use the Evod and am so frustrated.

17. Katya

Supporting member
  18. miketreeguy

miketreeguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

19. Katya

Supporting member
    So sorry to hear that. They are great when they work! :facepalm:

20. puffitup

puffitup Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anyone have problems with them flooding? Mine seems to flood a bit. And I have a friend that hers is the same and she said she tipped it and they leak. When I tip mine it dont leak at all. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.