Kanger Evod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have the protanks and evods, prefer the evods myself as well. no leaking at all. They will flood a tiny bit once in a while, when they do I just hold them upside down for a bit and let it drip out onto a paper towel. Flavor is as good as I have found on the evod and better than the protank for me. Only downside to the evod is the said small capacity, but I will happily refill more often for the much better vape.
I have carto tanks and t3's as well and the evod is what I usually use daily.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It IS crazy how these things seem so inconsistent.
I'm in the middle of trying everything I think I might like, hoping to settle on one soon. My results so far - form factor is determining which ones I'm trying...

A) Vision Nano's - I love that I can use them "skinny" on a 510, or look OK with a cone on an Ego. But roughly every 4th one has a STINK flavor that lasts through the first fill-up, and they're basically disposable (tried to clean one and I killed it...)

B) Vision "Stardust" - odd burnt flavor occasionally - when it's halfway through, which is WEIRD, and occurs frequently enough to bug me. Also had 1 total dud, and one bad leaker... I've eliminated them.

C) T3 Mini - I like the construction, but they're WAY to AIRY for me. I'm wrapping my fingers in weird ways to cover air holes while vaping...

D) EVOD - just got it tonight - and SO FAR it's a WINNER! No funky flavor, suprisingly, NOT airy like the T3, and it's got the same matte black finish as my favorite Ego batteries.

E) I still return to these Smoktech 1.5 single coil cartos - I just like em. They just don't last real long, in either sense - I refill a half dozen at a time, and carry a few to be sure I'm covered even for just a few hours. They're also real good for a "stealth" setup: Mini-ego and a carto, and you can palm it easily :2cool:

F) DV Mini-Vivi-Nova is en route, and that may be the last one I try for a while...

markdm4805

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Stockton, CA
Ok I have tried everything including carto tanks, Kanger T3, and most recently the Vivi Nova. The EVOD hands down has got to be the best I have tried. The flavor is great. I am currently vaping Butter Rum 12 mg. Not knowing what the ohm is on the EVOD I started it out at 3.7v on a Kgo VV. Flavor was kinda like Butter rum but somewhat disappointing. I kicked it up to 4.2 volts and wow!!!!!!!!!!! Intense flavor and absolutely no dry hits what so ever. Filling it was easy straight from the bottle with plenty of space to avoid getting any juice down the center post. The one problem I had with the Kgo like a lot of other mods is they could take any Ego threaded clearo but a Kanger. The EVOD actually sits perfectly snug on my device and makes great contact with the center post. The vape is a little cooler as one would expect with a bottom coil. All in all the EVOD has exceeded my expectations and then some.

I've only had my new evod for a few days--maybe 8-9 refills so far--and, in general, echo what markdm4805 said above. However, I've come across a peculiarity with mine I haven't seen mentioned in the threads so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or have a defect in mine? It develops a vacuum in the tank that apparently prevents the juice from wicking into the flavor wicks. The hits start getting drier and flavorless after about each 1/4-1/3 of a tank's worth of use. I have to unscrew the atty from the tank just enough to hear the little "pop" from the suction being broke, then I can screw it all back together and continue vaping for a while until the vacuum builds up again. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to correct it?

Are you using thick liquid? You can always try removing a flavor wick over the coil. Or rebuild.

I've tried several different juices, most being 50/50 blends but one being 70PG/30VG and another 40PG/60VG. It's counter-intuitive that removing a flavor wick will add flavor, but I'll try it--nothing to lose! :)

Update: Well, removing the top wick didn't work out so well. After about 3-4 hits the evod stopped working. When I press the eGo switch it just flashes blue so I'm guessing either the atty flooded and is shorting or got burned out. I tried the evod on a different battery and got the same flashing immediately, and also tried after removing/replacing the base from the tank. I haven't disassembled the atty yet for failure analysis. The batteries are working fine with a new (as purchased) atty in the evod. I'm going to try one of the other evods that came with my order to see if it performs differently. If I don't get the vacuum problem with it, the one I'm using now might just have a quality control issue.

CheriePie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
cheriepie.com
What pg/vg ratio do you guys like for the evod?

Im ordering some for my girlfriend and saw on a site that said something along the lines of all you need is a good thick vg juice and your good to go.

I use mostly 70/30 PG/VG in all my Kangers without any problems. I don't tinker, alter, rebuild--no leaks, good flavor. I use clean, clear eliquids most of the time.

Pretty much the same for most of my juices as well (70/30 PG/VG or thereabouts). I've heard tell of people taking out the top wick, but I haven't had to with the viscosity of the juices I use. I suppose if you were using 50% VG or more, then you might need to remove that top wick for better wicking.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I've tried every clearo on the market, i have yet to find a brand that even comes close to producing the flavor,vapor and reliability that I get from any of the 6 Evod's I have.
I've never had a leak, a dry hit, a chemical/silicone taste...not sure where that issue would come from, there's a tiny silicone cap and a couple tiny o-rings, and only very occasional gurgling...maybe the OP purchased a cheap knock off.

Last edited:

enlite

Aug 17, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Over the past month I've spent a few hundred bucks on different tanks. Yesterday, I purchased my first EVOD and was AMAZED by the flavor and vape quality. Today, I went back and purchased 4 more just to have different flavors readily available to swap to. Been vaping all day yesterday and today on the EVOD with my iTaste MVP and have absolutely no issues or complaints. No leaking, no gurgling, nothing.. just a great vape experience. Love it.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
I totally agree.Either OP / OR used a knockoff or got a dud. Millions use this clearo and love it. I like ot better that my protank and iclears. Please try again with another one and if it happens again let's check your supplier.

It always amazes me how two people can use the same product and have VERY different results.

For me the EVOD is by far the best clearo I've tried. I get great flavor, no gurgling or performance issues, easy to clean and have used the same head for over 20 fills with just an occasional rinse.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
Either this review is a fraud or you got a knockoff and wrote about it. You are misleading newbs. Pbusardo and indoorsmokers think this is the best tank.
Most Evods on the market are fake or "store brand " that coasts more than kanger, and they have an interest in dissing it.

In "theory" the Evod should vape same as the Kanger T3 however I find it not to be the case. My first vape on the Evod reminded me top coil clearo like Stardust etc. It had that familiar rubber/silicon taste in the vapor but not as much. I also noticed much less flavor than the T3 has. After about 5 minutes the Evod started gurgling so badly that I had to and another small wick on top of the two that are all ready there.
After two tanks the flavor didn't get better and I could still taste the rubber/silicon in my vapor eve tho it diminished slightly.
Esthetically it is a good looking unit, how ever it's not very easy to see the juice remaining through the window so I would mostly rely on seeing the juice in the clear drip tip which also shows condensation and that looks a bit nasty.
As oppose to T3, screwing the Evod is more difficult because the base is just smooth chrome which is somewhat slippery.
Evod is about 1/3 shorter than the T3 but seems to take only half the amount of liquid of T3 (didn't actually measured it) and runs out fairly quickly so it's not as practical as I thought it'll be.
Conclusion - does not hold enough juice for it's size, problems with flooding, less flavor than T3, slight funky rubber/silicon flavor.
This is how Evod presents to me, I find T3 much better for my vaping style but this might be different for you so the only real way to find out is to try one.
By the way I find the T3 base can be used in the Evod but Evod base won't fit the T3.

Last edited:

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Grrrrf! Just wrote a huge reply and got deleted! I'm a Noob about a month now and have the double eGo T . Hate the plastic ( carts? ) they smell like they're melting and god knows what you're inhaling! Bought Kanger II love it, except Vit those teeny wick things! And it cracked, So thought I'd try EVOD mini, liked the covering, but got off on eBay ad said ws a Kanger. Longer, he did they were knock offs. Throat still hurts from the burn. Gave me full refund but, would you report the guy? Curious. :p

chillax

Oct 8, 2011
Vancouver baby!
I love my evod, but then again I noticed that there are lot of different versions of evod's out there! Mine is a 650mAh that literally lasts a day and a half with how I vape. It's also a USB passthrough model. Here's my review of the Evod I got from VaporZone:

Over the past couple of months I have been thoroughly testing the improved Evod e-cigarette Pro Kit from VaporZone.com. I have been trying to find a single fault with this electronic cigarette but so far I have not been able to. Since starting this website five years ago I have reviewed over 20 brands and I would like to share my experience with the Evod in this review.

The VaporZone Evod has a sleek design and feels nice to the touch thanks to its non-slip coating. A mini-usb charging connector is located on the bottom, carefully hidden under a chrome cap that screws on and off. After a close inspection of the electronic cigarette I can attest that this device is made with quality workmanship and materials. It has fallen numerous times from my office table onto the laminate floor beneath, and it’s still going strong.

The Evod’s tank uses replaceable atomizer heads, each atomizer can last for weeks if cleaned regularly by soaking it in either rubbing alcohol or warm water, and then leaving to air dry. You’ll find 3 replacement heads inside the starter kit, or online in the Accessories section of the VaporZone website.

The atomizers come in three resistance choices [1.8-2.0], [2.1-2.3] and [2.4-2.6], and for some reason these are called “sizes” on the site. I think “Ohms” would be more appropriate since we are talking about resistance values. Anyway, the standard is 2.2 ohm and that’s what normally comes with the kit. However, if you decide to choose a different Ohm rating in the future, remember that the smaller resistance numbers run hotter. Since the Evod is powered by a 3.7 V regulated battery, the 2.2 Ohm coil is ideal. Refer to the E-Cigarette Voltage-Resistance Chart for more info.

The BCC tank (Bottom Coil Changeable) has a 1.5ml capacity and allows you to see how much e-liquid is left inside when looking through either of the two windows. Most importantly however, these tanks don’t leak ejuice. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find tank designs that don’t leak, but good news: these are leak-proof. Just make sure to screw the cartridge on properly, and only unscrew while holding it upside down so as not to spill any e-liquid when refilling.

I hold the power button to take a couple of quick puffs then one big one, and I exhale a large cloud of cool and pleasant vapor. There are three intake airways on the tank cartridge itself. If you cover one of them with your finger you’ll get a tighter draw and even thicker vapor.

The Evod’s battery current capacity is a respectable 650 mAh that lasts over a day, yet the whole thing is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. It’s also lighter than the bigger and bulkier 1000+ mAh e-cigarettes, which are a pain to carry around. Pressing the power button five times repeatedly will turn off and lock the device, doing the same again will unlock it and turn it back on. Another nice feature of VaporZone’s improved version of the Evod is that it can be used as a Passthrough (USB-passthru) in other words you can recharge the e-cigarette and vape at the same time using the bottom charger input.
Flavors

VaporZone has more flavors than you can shake your e-cig at! A very large variety that will keep you busy for a while if you want to try them all, 101 flavors to be exact. What’s more is you can order your own custom blends! I have tried four different e-liquids so far, all of which were amazing, but my favorite one was “Creamsicle”, it tasted exactly like Orange Tic Tacs! I should also note that all VaporZone e-liquid is Made in the USA, and that’s the way it should be. Here are VaporZone’s quality guarantees as stated on their website:

FDA Registered Lab – We’ve got a state of the art manufacturing facility. Our lab is registered with the FDA as a tobacco manufacturer.
Formulas FDA Registered – All of our formulas are on file with the FDA; we want them to know what we’re up to!
Better than Food-Grade – Our E-Liquid flavorings are specifically made to be inhaled, they are a step beyond “food grade” and they have been GRAS approved.
Kosher Grade – Our E-Liquid base consists of USP Grade Kosher ingredients.
Top-Rated Glycerin – Glycerin can be produced from any number of agents, but ours is sourced strictly from Malaysian Palm and only the highest quality producers, so peanut allergies are not an issue.
Lot Numbers – All of our products contain these handy little labels known as “Lot Numbers” so that all of our products can be traced to their origins.
High Operation Standards – We strictly adhere to cGMP operation standards, in line with the 21 CFR part 111 guidelines.
Diacetyl-Free – VaporZone E-Liquids are all diacetyl-free; no fake-butter flavor here!

Pro Tips

To prolong battery life recharge before first use and unplug after charging is complete. Do not overcharge.
After filling your tank cartridge with E-liquid for the very first time, let the e-cigarette sit for a few minutes so they wick may absorb some e-liquid.
When refilling avoid the hole in the middle of the tank cartridge. If e-liquid does find its way into the hole you can either try to blow it out, or simply use a cotton Q-tip to clean it out after you screw the tank back on.
It’s normal to see some slight condensation on the battery end of the e-cigarette when you remove the cartridge. Once again a Q-tip will clean it right up.

In my opinion VaporZone truly knows how to cater to vapers through choice and quality, and for that reason I am sure this brand will flourish. There’s a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee as well as a 90 Day Warranty on all the kits.

Overall I’m very pleased with this perfected version of the Evod and I feel confident recommending this e-cigarette to anyone. In fact I will go as far as to say that the Evod will soon replace the Ego (currently the most imitated e-cigarette in the world) as the New Standard in electronic cigarettes! Yes, it’s that good. You can see the original review with photos and free shipping coupon HERE.

Oh and it also comes in 10 colors: black, purple, silver, orange, green, red, pink, white, peach and blue.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread