Kanger KBOX, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnubisDrake

Apr 20, 2015
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I feel that this is hands down the best setup in the market. It's simple. and I HATE box mods. But I can work with this.
Using the rba with 26 gauge Kanthal at .6 ohms. with ... cotton.
Battery is the rare and original VTC5 and I keep it at 20w.
I pair it with Cuttwood's Unicorn Milk. By far, my personal best in flavor.
I'm extremely happy I got this.

Attachments

• IMG_20150507_132547.jpg
    IMG_20150507_132547.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 50

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Big 28.5mm 101 Vape Adjustable Airflow Atomizer - 101 Vape

That's the one in the picture. I use it the most. I love the adjustable airflow, but I also like the huge size. That huge area is easy to build on 'cause it has lots of room. Also the large area means it can hold quite a bit of juice (for a dripper) before I have to re-drip. Can't beat the price, either!

Reactions: AnubisDrake

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Reactions: blivey

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Love my Kbox, very good device and will fire a .5 ohm coil just fine. Sutank Plus is the perfect fit and it's a conversation piece (when they get past the cloud and see it) hahaha.

This setup (mini not plus) made me give up the chase. I love it. It satisfies everything I want. No more cigs. Now to find the perfect juice. Which I am getting pretty close to.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
This setup (mini not plus) made me give up the chase. I love it. It satisfies everything I want. No more cigs. Now to find the perfect juice. Which I am getting pretty close to.

I cannot help but think that there is a lot of over thinking in the search for the "perfect device". If I pushed any more cloud I could not drive and see & my wife would kick me out of the living room and I don't want to go back to the garage (which is were I smoked cigs). :)

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA

Yup, that's definitely my go-to all day vape setup. Prior to the Subtank I had only used a Protank and I wasn't terribly fond of it but I'm finding myself becoming quite the Kanger fanboy these days. :p

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
I cannot help but think that there is a lot of over thinking in the search for the "perfect device". If I pushed any more cloud I could not drive and see & my wife would kick me out of the living room and I don't want to go back to the garage (which is were I smoked cigs). :)

Lol. My husband hates it when I cloud up the living room when we are watching tv together. I have to blow them low and away from both him and the tv. But he loves that my clothes, my hair, and the house no longer smells like smoke. I used a vv spinner and mini protank 3 to try and quit. Just didn't do it for me. It all worked great, so it led me to my current kanger setup. Love it. No shame in being a fangirl(boy) if the product is worth it.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I say the K-Box is worth every penny! I now have both the silver and black K-Boxes. They are the only box mods I have, really into tube mechs more than anything, as I am not a huge fan of the larger box devices and don't really care to venture above 40 watts on a reg. mod. The K-Box is the best of both worlds and really easy to manage. two control buttons with adjustable wattage only. Simple. I have been able to fire attys and tanks built to .4. I top it with the Kanger ST mini and I love the combo!! I have recently switched the base covers between the two and the black with silver base looks pretty cool. I really want to take the other removable pieces (if they are in fact removable) and switch them out. Also planning to remove the button on the black and make it red. If I screw one up, oh well, I will spend $20 more bucks for a replacement.

I have not had any problems with my K-Boxes yet. Has anyone else had any issues to report?

Reactions: Johntodd

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Here ya go!

KBOX-Twisted30.jpg

First real twisted build ... not too good looking, but very effective.

That looks pretty good. I twisted some 26 guage kanthal and tried to put the coils into an rda with post holes that were too small, so I didnt get a chance to test it. Seeing this makes me want to try again on some of my recent atty purchases!! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Johntodd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread