Kanger OCC Coil is giving burnt hits when its brand new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
My vertical occ coils that i have just ordered with my kanger subtank mini and a eleaf 50w mod is giving me burnt hits straight out of the packet.

I'm using the .5 coils and priming the coil by wetting the cotton with my liquid and putting a few drops down the top.I'm starting on a lower wattage like 12watts and getting burnt hits.

If anybody could help with this situation I would be grateful

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Turns out my problem was a cracked insulator, i replaced it and have not had a problem. Love this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got it up and running! Mines just gone .... up and I'm wondering if that could be the reason. RBA with 3 different builds and wicking, and a stock .5 VOCC.

My turn to ask you a question, which insulator? The tanks peek insulator at the base of the 510 connection?

Bantam59

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
Staten island,NY
Glad you got it up and running! Mines just gone .... up and I'm wondering if that could be the reason. RBA with 3 different builds and wicking, and a stock .5 VOCC.

My turn to ask you a question, which insulator? The tanks peek insulator at the base of the 510 connection?
Yes, my ohms were bouncing all over the place. Constant burn. I changed the insulator and the problem was solved

Bantam59

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
Staten island,NY
9d883137458a8ae98d3b3f8a1341fa0b.jpg
c37fa9318568b4e1f498b88827f28593.jpg

Kangertechus.com

Last edited:

Bantam59

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
Staten island,NY
@Bantam59 thank you! My ohms aren't bouncing but my box sounds like it's running higher than it normally does at the watts I vape at. How could you tell the insulator was cracked?
Remove it. Remove the coil and push the post out and then you can remove the insulator

Reactions: SUPER K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread