Kanger Pro Tank 2 - The Next Pro Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCameraGuy

May 23, 2013
memphis, tn
Seems this is their reply to the many other tanks that popped up recently that has been titled "protank killers"
It's a good move from Kanger, tho i've never had any troubles with my protanks so i'm not gonna jump on it asap :p

I jumped on the puritank when it first surfaced , but I'd rather have the real deal!

cricketmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Sharpsburg, GA
Pre-order info for those interested. However, I'm concerned with the higher potential for leaks as well ...

Kanger Protank 2 (PREORDER)

I pre-ordered from juicemafia.com. as well, but if you use coupon code "vaporjoes", the price drops from 14.99 to 14.24. Hey... every little bit helps! Looking forward to the Protank 2. It will be my first experience with a glass tank. I've been using Vision Vivi Novas and ISmoka BCC's w/ my 1300mAh Vision Spinner and 1000mAh E-Go C Twists. Looking for a good BCC and I think this might just do it for me!

jmkiang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Chicago
I hated the first tank because of the airy draw it has, I'll have to try out the 2
The base looks like it has the same 3 air holes as the PT1 so the draw will most probably be the same.

I wrapped the threads/holes with teflon tape and uncovered 2 for a perfect draw (for me). You can do this and start by uncovering 1 hole first to see how it feels. I didn't like the "toothpick" method and this has worked great so far. Plus, threading the PT is now so smooth with the teflon tape!

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The base looks like it has the same 3 air holes as the PT1 so the draw will most probably be the same.

I wrapped the threads/holes with teflon tape and uncovered 2 for a perfect draw (for me). You can do this and start by uncovering 1 hole first to see how it feels. I didn't like the "toothpick" method and this has worked great so far. Plus, threading the PT is now so smooth with the teflon tape!

A simpler solution would be to use EVOD atomizer heads instead of the ProTank heads when it comes time to replace them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cricketmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Sharpsburg, GA
new to vaping. when i started 3 months ago i started with a protank never dealt with anything else. already preordered 2 protank 2's. was wondering if i needed to know anything before ordering drip tips for it? is there a certain size or will all drip tips fit the protank 2?
Any 510 drip tips should work with the ProTank 2.

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
I have a ANYVAPE DAVIDE Glassomizer that I got in the mail 3 days ago and i really wish i would have read this thread before i tried to refill it because when I usually unscrew my Protank to refill it i just leave the bottom and atty head on my mod.
When i went to unscrew the DAVIDE the whole center piece was coming unscrewed and before i knew what was happening i had a hand full of my favorite juice and the thing was in three pieces.
With the DAVIDE you have to be really careful to make sure the bottom is turning and not the whole thing.
It will be very interesting to see if the PT2 works the same way.
Be careful when refilling these tanks

jmkiang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Chicago
A simpler solution would be to use EVOD atomizer heads instead of the ProTank heads when it comes time to replace them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Kind of answered my own question. Yes, the EVOD stem has a smaller inner diameter but I tried it on my PT today and the draw is the same as the PT stem... maybe slightly tighter but covering the holes with teflon tape definitely made a huge difference!

jmkiang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Chicago
Wow thanks I love my protank and will preorder this now. Seems great especially being able to take out the glass to clean and dry! Was so annoying trying to get the glass dry on the regular protank...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Haha I never wait til its completely dry... probably because I only have 1 and I'm very impatient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread