Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Alright, so I have been out of the vaping scene for about 4 months or so... I was able to quit, but started back recently...

Because I had sold off all my old vape gear, I just bought a Lavatube 2.5 starter kit to get back into things, and ordered a ProTank 2 cause it looked pretty good, and was new... I'm a fan of trying new things...

I must say, this ProTank 2 is FANTASTIC!

I can honestly say, it is probably the best vaping device I've used.

Excellent built quality, excellent price, excellent flavor, excellent vapor production, no leaking at all - dry as a bone! I'm very impressed... And, it doesn't have the pain in the .... factor that goes along with an rba, and the heads are so cheap, I doubt I'll ever bother trying to rebuild them.

I know they've been on the market a while now, but if you haven't tried one yet, go ahead and give it a go! They're great!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Indeed, I still have a couple of Vivi Nova's and some Carto Tanks, but those will be sidelined permanently in favor of the ProTank... The Vivi Nova is too big a pain once you get down to 1/3 of the tank capacity and have to start tilting it to saturate the wicks... Cartos don't have the flavor you get from the ProTank, and RBA's... Well, they require work... Vaping should be easy :)

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
can someone chime in please...

On a Protank 2, if i fill up the tank with juice, everything is fine and dandy until somewhere around the half empty mark, when it starts to flood. gets worse over time until i cant vape it anymore, need to remove the base and head and give it a good blow down the chimney, refill with juice to the top and start all over again.

I find this scenario is more pronounced with thicker juices. with thinner juices i can occasionally vape till the end without having it flood.

I've tried recoiling with 2mm and 3mm silica wick, 2mm (hollow) ekowool, and tried combinations of with and without a flavour wick or two. pretty much get the same scenario most of the time.

It has come to the point whereby i'm considering just using thin juices with the protank 2 and leaving the thicker stuff for my dripper/RBA.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
can someone chime in please...

On a Protank 2, if i fill up the tank with juice, everything is fine and dandy until somewhere around the half empty mark, when it starts to flood. gets worse over time until i cant vape it anymore, need to remove the base and head and give it a good blow down the chimney, refill with juice to the top and start all over again.

I find this scenario is more pronounced with thicker juices. with thinner juices i can occasionally vape till the end without having it flood.

I've tried recoiling with 2mm and 3mm silica wick, 2mm (hollow) ekowool, and tried combinations of with and without a flavour wick or two. pretty much get the same scenario most of the time.

It has come to the point whereby i'm considering just using thin juices with the protank 2 and leaving the thicker stuff for my dripper/RBA.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Probably could have answered this a long time before now, but better late than never right? :)

I personally haven't experienced the issue you're having... Perhaps because I am using a 70/30 PG/VG mix which comes out pretty thin.

When it floods is it gurgling and bubbling up a lot and leaking through the 510 connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread