1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Kanger Pro-tank and Vamo- Do you need an adapter?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Nicholas Tene, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nicholas Tene

Nicholas Tene Full Member

Hey guys! I might be loosing my mind- I could of sworn that I used my Vamo with my Protank Kangler without an adapter. I tried to fire it up today- and nothing happened! I put the adapter on and of course it worked. Why do I feel like i didn't use the adapter before?

OH, a friend of mine sent me a link about some Pro-tanks from Kangler that had metal shavings. Be careful!

CHECK YOUR PROTANK FOR METAL SHAVINGS Shared... | GrimmGreenIndustries

2. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    ok what I did was screw an 510/ego adapter on it then put on hte ego beauty ring (to tighten up the draw a bit) then put the tank on. If you don't care about the beauty ring then no it should screw right on.

3. Nicholas Tene

Hi Myrany!

Thats what that beauty is for! Oh boy, i'm a little slow when it comes to these things! I think the reason I cant remember if I needed an adapter for the Vamo is because on my K100- I just screw it on and its ready to go. Have you tried to not use an adapter for the set up your Kangler tank in the Vamo? For some reason, I dont remember having to need to use the adapter. I guess i'm getting old:)

4. Hiding

Hiding Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The kanger evod fits the vamo, with no adapter, the kanger t3's need an adapter.

I've heard the pro tank works with the evod coil assembly, so maybe it will fit.. Don't own one so I can't say that the coil assembly designed for it will fit or not.

5. Myrany

Supporting member
    Iam going to be honest with you I just got my vamo today so I am still playing with it. hehehe

The connection on the kanger is 510 so the protank should just screw in. A very nice person posted a hint to me in the vamo section of the forum that one should use an adapter of some sort as the threading on the vamo isn't great. Screwing things in and out on an adapter will help stop that problem.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/409894-soon-vamo-owner-questions.html

6. Hiding

Hiding Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Agh, that''s right. The protank uses a 510, not the ego like the other kangers, it'll fit with out the cone.

7. Nicholas Tene

yes, i have the pro-tank and so it seems I do need an adapter. I dont mind- still looks great and it vapes like a champ!

8. Nicholas Tene

OH! I've had the Vamo for a couple weeks now- and boy, do I love it! If you have any questions- i'd be happy to help when you do. It's really awesome im sure you're gonna love it!

9. jomay

jomay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I feel the same way :))

10. Nicholas Tene

Thanks Hiding!

11. Nicholas Tene

Oh yes! Its great!

12. Gargy777

Gargy777 Full Member

Damn. I was sure the Protank was ego, that's why it's such a PITA to get it working on my Spinner. There's no such thing as a 510 to ego adapter right?

13. Myrany

Supporting member
  14. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Try pulling the post out on the Protank.
    A PBusardo Tutorial - How to Pull Your Post ;-) - YouTube

15. STLJohnny

STLJohnny Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Maybe I am misunderstanding some of these responses but yes the protank works with the Vamo with "no" adapter.
    Wait let me check... (Short delay as I vape) Yep... Umm just fine:p

16. Myrany

Supporting member
    Yep it does work with the vamo with no adapter. I use an air flow regulator collar with mine to tighten up the draw however.

17. jfalbanese

jfalbanese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

make sure the contact post did not get pushed in. when i change the atomizer, i pull the tab away from the plastic gasket, or my vamo will not fire

18. Kristi Wilson

Kristi Wilson Full Member

I had no idea from most the posts if the vamo did actually fit. I want to repeat your quote 100x's :))

19. lulu836

lulu836 Vertically challenged and ROLLIN' ON THE RIVER Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The combination of the 510 - ego adapter with a ProTank and a Vamo is without doubt the ugliest arragement I've ever seen. I had the bright idea a few weeks ago to use the adapter as protection for the Vamo threading as suggested and it looks like a lollipop. Really ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.